- Hartford, CT
- Job Terms:
- W2, Hourly - depends on experience
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Kimberley Strayer
With the news of COVID19 spreading, Aquent is committed to ensuring the safety and well being of our employees. This includes providing technology to support video interviews, resources and support for employees to work from home successfully, and fully covered healthcare for eligible employees.
We are seeking a Communications Project Manager to work with our Fortune 100 client for this consulting request. Working with various businesses and creative teams, this position is responsible for ensuring that smart and appropriate marketing communications are created, produced and distributed.
As a member of the creative team, the Project Manager has an initial consultative role to help identify the objective and deliverable, help propose a smart game plan, and also manage the development and production to meet business expectations of quality, estimated turnaround time and costs.
The consultative nature of this position is enabled by the Project Managers core competencies in marketing communications planning, project management and in building and maintaining strong relationships with internal clients. Importantly, the Project Manager must keep all incoming requests within the larger context of what is most appropriate for various audiences as well as determine how any new requests might be addressed with existing solutions to ensure effectiveness. The impact of this position is in ensuring simple, clear, effective and efficient delivery of consistent and respectful communication to various audiences, in keeping with overall brand standards so that all efforts help improve their ability to stand out in the marketplace.
This position will be aligned with the Brand/Corporate key account. Given the highly visible nature of the work associated with this account (i.e. CEO-level speaking engagements), we are seeking a high performing individual that is willing to be flexible with work hours. Requests typically require quick turnaround with little to no flexibility with delivery dates. May require night or weekend work in order to ensure effective and timely delivery.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for development of the cost estimate and schedules – and all assumptions those deliverables are based on – for a project/initiative
- Clear communicator and articulates detailed, accurate, fastidious scopes of work and services incorporated into proposals/statements of work that Account team develops for client consideration
- Maintains tight control of creative development timelines, in working with the Creative team on deliverables and due dates
- Provides Creative teams allotted hours and parameters for their deliverables, monitors the work to stay within defined/approved scope
- Coordinates kickoff meetings, periodic project check-ins, proofreading, translation, and legal review requirements
- Elevation of concerns to Account team or Creative team
- Close collaborator with Account Supervisor (and/or Account Director), ensuring clients feel good about the work delivered; the Project Manager holds collective team to schedules and budget parameters
- Lead/point of contact with direct client interface for Path 3 (Tactical and Transactional)
- Seek consultation, when needed, with internal and external partners/vendors to inform the project team and the client with information needed to make decisions on project direction
- Track and report estimated vs. actual costs. Track schedules to ensure on-time delivery
- Keep project status reporting tool updated in real time
- Coordinate with internal production teams and/or external production vendors, as needed, to ensure the end creative product will meet production specifications
- Commit to and exemplify the in-house agency values (Intrinsically Motivated + Resourceful, Amazing + Awesome, Inspired + Enlightened, Passionate + Curious, Smart + Constructively Dissatisfied, Disciplined + Resilient)
Our national insurance industry client practices what it preaches, and has a strong health and wellness focus as part of their company culture. As a part of their organization, even as a freelancer, you can expect to be included in that culture!
What else can you expect from this organization?
As a congenial and collaborative culture, they’ll welcome you as an equal contributor, and value your opinion when it comes to creative and marketing project creation and delivery.
They’re fully committed to an Agile environment, adopting and utilizing standard Agile practices daily.
These folks are committed to getting it right, and as such, are quite focused on metrics and ROI. “Measure twice, cut once” is a common phrase that could possibly apply to their project teams. That’s why they value candidates with previous knowledge and experience in designing & managing to drive metrics, and have a keen eye for those with insurance industry experience.
Prior knowledge of and familiarity with industry acronyms is a plus.
This is very much a matrixed organization, so bring your A-game and communication skills! You’ll be networking with any number of stakeholders related to your creative and marketing projects.
Being a larger corporation, the meeting schedule is sometimes heavy. With a strong ability to stay organized and focused on your deliverable, you’ll thrive here!
Certain locations benefit from on-site fitness center facilities, Starbucks, and free parking. Our advice? Bring your walking shoes! Your day has a built in mini-workout. Parking in the CT facility tends to be a bit of a walk from the (very large!) main building, but that will make your fitness tracker happy!
Benefits for Consultants
Aquent talent are eligible for a generous health-and-wellness package.
Our plan includes: Medical Insurance Aquent offers access to comprehensive In and Out of Network plans, with contributions toward monthly premiums and often with eligibility within two months of starting work. Retirement Savings Plan Aquent offers a 401(k) plan, managed by a leader in the retirement field, with immediate vesting.
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Professional training
- Discounts and Perks
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL OFFER THE FOLLOWING:
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training
- Minimum 5 years of client service experience, preferably including prior employment with an advertising agency or a corporate creative in-house agency.
- Proven understanding in project management of a variety of communications including but not limited to executive-level presentations, town hall events, video, email, digital, and production.
- Experience working with creative teams, either with an in-house agency or external agency
- Proven systemic view, ability to guide and steer the end-to-end solutions
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic, matrix-oriented environment
- Solid critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong relationship management skills: ability to foster collaboration and a positive client experience
- Superior oral and written communication skills
Successful candidates will be required to pass a drug screen and background check.