- Detroit, MI
- Job Terms:
- Posted By:
- Dove Ryan
In this role, you’ll own the design for assigned projects and lead a team of Service & Interaction Designers and Visual Designers. You’ll shape all aspects of Service Design at the project level and contribute to growing and evolving the Design Practice within the design team.
- Oversee and sometimes contribute to design research activities to gain a deeper understanding of user experiences and needs and to help develop insights that inform our service design.
- Lead design team through projects, holding yourself and team accountable for outcomes that are aligned with the projects’ creative and strategic objectives.
- Oversee and contribute to development of design and communication artifacts that align with, and clearly articulate, the Design team’s strategy and practice objectives.
- Develop and maintain productive partnerships with business leaders through regular and transparent communication and expert consultation.
- Grow and develop team members through regular performance feedback discussions and career coaching.
- At least seven years of relevant industry experience, including four or more years of leadership experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Proficiency with design applications such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Sketch, InVision. Video editing and prototyping software experience is a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of service design and design practices and ability to drive user-centered design in a corporate environment.
- Understanding of difference design disciplines, such as design research, interaction design, visual design, content design.
- Experience creating journey / experience maps, service / interaction models and flows and wireframes.
- Understanding of prototyping, from lo-tech methods to digital.
- Ability to quickly come up-to-speed on project tracking software like JIRA and Confluence.
- Ability to lead a diverse, cross-discipline team of professionals with a focus on professional development.