- New York, NY
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jennifer Richey
This is a full-time and hourly temporary position supporting our client, the most influential social network worldwide. The role is part of a top creative team that supports content for the social channels owned and non-owned, representing the client. Writer role lasts through the end of the year and has excellent benefits (health, vision, dental and 401K).
As a Writer on this team, you are responsible for owning the editorial voice of the program across content franchises and digital presences. This includes a long-form content, short-form content, as well as partner surfaces. You’ll play a fundamental role in building the b2b brand, developing a best-in-class content strategy and voice that showcases creative thought leadership, provocative trends, and innovation. As a Writer, you thrive on transforming big ideas into concrete thoughts and tangibles. You are proactive, stay calm under pressure, and deliver high quality work with multiple dependencies. You sweat the details, love researching, and enjoy building strong working relationships with creative partners. As a Writer, you pride yourself on being quick on your feet with the ability to translate strategy to sharp, witty, and fun copy. You are well versed in all the latest trends and will be a subject matter expert across platform content. You have high standards for quality, accuracy, and are willing to provide your opinion on all the team’s content. This person will serve a vital role on the team, helping craft the brand’s POV to the world on a daily basis.
This is a freelance position located in our New York office.
- Responsible for authoring all written content around major creative content franchises under the program brand
- Deliver against a cohesive content calendar across all digital presences, internal and external
- Author content standards or criteria per channel that solidify consistency across the mediums
- Write social copy, website copy, content copy, marketing copy, and research new content
- Partner with Content Development team to refine brand positioning, voice, identity, across all content
- Work within The Company's CMS, formatting blog content and preparing it for publication
- Identify a clear protocol with Production regarding Legal, Comms/PR, and other internal partners that enable agile content development and publishing
- Collaborate on the editorial course for content over the short, medium, and long-term, in collaboration with the Content Development team
- Have a strong creative pulse on up and coming trends and techniques that people are using to author, develop, and create content across the platform
- Source great stories to showcase and help develop written and/or multimedia collateral around subject
- Collaborate on the content’s development and remove barriers around its creation
- Portfolio link on resume required
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Proven experience writing and researching on behalf of brands
- Proven experience in the ability to craft innovative, best in class social language across channels
- 5+ years of applied copywriting experience in the creative industry/advertising space
- Excellent copywriting and oral communication skills
- Experience growing a brand across multiple digital channels
- Experience in managing multiple, large projects simultaneously
- Working knowledge of the creative process around content development
- Experience identifying relevant trends and moving fast to integrate them
- Experience as a motivated, self-starter, and strong “can do” attitude
- Experience using Keynote, Dropbox, and Google suite products
- Experience in branding, communications, design, and customer segmentation
- BA/BS degree with strong academic background or equivalent experience.
This TOP social media company, headquartered in Menlo Park, CA, was built to help people connect and share. Over the last decade their tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate. With over two billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at this company offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.
Working here, you’ll:
- Be part of their mission of community building
- Work on the most visible apps and services in the social media industry
- Work in an Agile environment, in constant iteration and problem solving mode
- Take part in global internal conversations that are happening with stakeholders, wherever they may be located, who are the best at what they do
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.