Jr-Level Front End Web Developer Contract
An energy company is seeking someone with novice experience in front end development and user experience testing to help implement content for their retail homepage and other online properties. This expected workload is a max of 40 hours per week for a team based at their downtown office in Houston, TX.
• Build/Modify HTML/PHP/Django/Wordpress applications.
• Design tests according to user testing principles and work with other team members to execute; Build out targeted campaigns using raw html/js/php/css.
• Manage content associated with tests, archiving and updating as necessary. SDL SmartTarget or SDL Tridion experience a plus.
• Meet with team to communicate results and to come up with proposed actions based on the testing results.
• Maintain repository of test results and recommendations that can be shared throughout the company.
• Provide regular maintenance/updates on existing sites. Linux/bash experience is a plus.
• Assist with creation of web pages in a CMS based tool such as SDL Tridion
• Front End Developer with basic to mid-level expertise in HTML/JS/CSS and Wordpress. Familiarity with key frameworks such as Bootstrap.
• Familiarity with content management systems - SDL Tridion experience a plus
• Familiarity with Agile concepts and ability to work in an Agile environment
• Working knowledge of usability principles and website best practices Familiarity with web analytics tools – Omniture/Adobe Analytics experience a plus
• Excellent oral and written communication skills. - Background in technical writing a plus.
• Strong and demonstrated problem-solving skills, with the ability to take ownership of problems and see them through to resolution
• Highly organized, creative and attentive to detail; able to manage, prioritize, and bring to completion multiple projects
• Excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility to accommodate different situations and temperaments
• Persistence, resourcefulness, drive, and ability to work proactively with a team or independently
Education and experience
• 1+ years working as a front-end web developer OR
• 1+ years working with a content management system
• Bachelor's degree or higher in advertising, marketing, communications, user experience, design, engineering, computer science, or a related field
• Experience in the energy space and/or terminology