- Culver City, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jake Weingarten
The Resource Manager partners with functional leads to assign sufficient and suitable resources to projects, balance workloads, and resolve resource conflicts across a large group of creatives, studio resources, producers, and production staff. We're a team that is passionate about making the complex digestible. We are seeking a curious and dynamic leader who loves people and process.
- Experience in a resource, project management, or creative services role within a creative or marketing organization.
- Extremely detail-oriented and have the charisma needed to pull key stakeholders together for facilitated white-board sessions to document current workflow.
- Solid knowledge of digital and creative processes - particularly in areas such as design, conceptual advertising, and interactive.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic and fluid environment.
- Customer service-oriented and conscientious that the people and teams we work with are well supported.
- Pro-active, self-starter - curious to find ways to better train our people (through process documentation) and eager to identify solutions to pain points.
- Able to help dissect complicated work-flow processes with multiple stakeholders and organize them in process maps that are well-designed and easy to understand.
- Able to help keep the task of full work-flow documentation moving forward and meet key milestones we have set for completion.
- 5+ years relevant experience in a resource or project management role within a creative or marketing organization.
- As part of this role, you’ve utilized a project resourcing system and have evangelized use of it with your business partners.
- Solid knowledge of digital processes and the creative process-particularly in areas such as design, conceptual advertising, and interactive.
- Ability to understand complex project requirements, understand briefs, and recognize potential risks and dependencies relevant to resourcing.
- Curious, flexible problem-solver. You are also fair, kind, collaborative, and a trusted confident of confidential and sensitive information.
- Possesses extraordinary communication and social skills. The role requires a high level of patience, diplomacy, and fortitude and a strong voice in a fast-moving environment.
- Willing to take risks, fail, and learn from mistakes.
- Dreams to work in a creative, dynamic, and challenging work environment.
- Extraordinary communication skills, organizational skills, and people-management skills.
- Build strong rapport with members of the department you support, in addition to partnering with functional and operations leadership and/or key vendor contacts.
- Host weekly check-ins with key stakeholders to ensure efficient assignment of all projects, identify excessive or under-utilization of talent, and solve any potential resource gap areas.
- Identify "skills-to-career," aspiration matches of individual contributors to the appropriate projects
- You’re an expert at balancing workloads across internal teams, freelancers, and agency/vendor partners.
- Support your partners with quarterly and fiscal year planning by forecasting future hiring and freelance needs based on provided roadmaps.
- Mediate resource sharing issues with functional leads and the Director, Resource Management.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Creative Ops team on freelance needs when external resources are needed.
- Ensure the successful on-boarding/off-boarding of all employees (FTE, vendors and freelancers).
- Shape resource management tools, systems, and templates- constantly striving to improve processes and workflow standardization.
- Organize all completed workflow maps in a repository available to the full resource management team - and keep documents up to date as processes evolve.
- Help propose recommendations for pain points discovered during documentation.
- Help resource managers communicate workflow maps to the teams they support - in order to educate all marcom workers on proper process.
Our client, a leader in consumer electronics, is one of the greatest, most innovative, world-changing companies ever created! More like a cluster of start-ups versus a large company, they are single-handedly credited with creating some of the most impactful products of this generation.
Working alongside some of the brightest and most talented people, the work you do here will add up to something big that could not be done anywhere else. There is no doubt that your best work will be brought out achieving some hefty goals at a heroic pace.
One thing we know is that you WILL NOT ever be bored.
Here are some more things you can expect:
- Wi-fi equipped shuttle service
- Free parking
- Onsite cafeteria
WORKING WITH AQUENT: long-term assignments with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health (including term life and LTD) and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your pay check
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Access to free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)