- Los Angeles, CA
- Job Terms:
- DOE + Benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jennifer Torrens
Large Media and Entertainment client in Burbank, CA is seeking three Short Form Creative Editors to join their Creative Services team. These are 1-month assignments with the possibility of extending an additional 1-3 months.
**Must have a reel or portfolio to be submitted**
The Editor - Creative Services is responsible for the rough cut creative editorial production for Short Form and Micro content materials across all platforms including: linear/broadcast and digital.
This position will specifically support the the Multiplatform Content Development department. The primary function of the Editor is to creatively and collaboratively edit quality content for the network's App and Short Form content for broadcast and digital platforms. The ideal candidate will possess superior aesthetic and storytelling sensibilities as well as industry leading technical knowledge required to carry out the creative vision of our stakeholders. The position requires an in-depth knowledge of creative edit workflows, the ability to comprehend complex creative direction, and the ability to perform at a high level in supervised and unsupervised sessions. Acute communication skills, precise attention to detail and grace under pressure is a must. Ultimately, this role contributes to the company's success by producing top-level creative content, maximum efficiency, and productivity.
- Create the rough cut of content from producers’ script or direction with full deadline responsibility.
- Collaborate with Creative Executives, graphics supervisors and directors to ensure consistent creative.
- Communicate with Scheduling Department to maintain optimal, uninterrupted workflows.
- Assess project time and resource requirements on project inception to ensure successful completion.
- Provide creative input on projects.
- Troubleshoot technical issues in order to maintain accurate delivery/output specification requirements.
- Stay abreast of emerging industry standards, adopting best practices and technologies whenever possible.
- Gain full proficiency in proprietary systems & databases, utilizing them when needed.
- Obtain client needs for assignments and precisely execute deliverables to brand and style specifications and collaborate with clients to ensure they receive the highest level of service and satisfaction.
- Provide media management, asset organization and file delivery
- Experience with: Marketing, Short form promos, spots/trailers, huge plus: kids promos
- Premiere experience is manadatory, understanding of online/offline environments.
- Knowledge with Avid is a big plus.
- Must have good communication skills as they will be communicating with a producer.
- The candidate will be working on 30, 60, and some 120 spots, music videos, and promos that need to be re-edited.
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Highly competitive salaries: commensurate with experience
- Insurance: Excellent medical benefits with premiums largely subsidized by Aquent
- 401k Plan
- 24-hours Paid Sick Leave in CA
- Perks & Discounts at leading major retailers