- Sunnyvale, CA
- Job Terms:
- up to $125/hr DOE
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Sara Truesdale
The Packaging Research & Development Technical Specialist manages projects from initiatives to material qualification. The role requires a technical expert who will develop research and development print processes or solutions to improve technology, quality and sustainability of Packaging components. Partners with cross-functional teams, Packaging material team, Creative Designers, Packaging Engineering, Industrial Design, Purchasing, Technical Project Manager and Packaging partners and suppliers.
- You have 7+ years of experience as well as expertise in consumer electronic or consumer goods packaging and labeling.
- Deep understanding of pre-press, in-depth printing processes, especially UV offset, and solving on-press issues as well as various materials, inks, adhesives, print decoration and finishing.
- Good knowledge on digital print technology covering both hardware and software, preferable know how to run digital presses and know how to trouble shoot digital press issues.
- Deep understanding and hands on experience of factory manufacturing process control and quality systems.
- You collaborate and demonstrate a flexible approach to working across multiple teams and styles.
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills and handle ambiguity with grace.
- You love the details (highly meticulous), simultaneously demonstrating the ability to envision a macro-view of design objectives and foresee potential roadblocks.
- You are inventive and enthusiastic, a problem solver, at ease with being part of a growing organization. You dream of working in a creative environment, learn quickly, and you can accommodate rapid change.
- You are enthusiastic about supporting team-culture, are a strong team partner and coach.
- You care deeply about Packaging graphics. You have appreciation for quality, can communicate clearly, and have patience for the process—both engineering and design.
- You are proficient in Mac applications; database management systems; Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and Acrobat; and the Microsoft Office suite. Basic knowledge of database/operations systems is preferred.
- You are available for both domestic and international travel (at least 25 percent of time).
- Follow identified approved initiative, create briefs, engage Cross-functional teams and partner with purchasing to source potential suppliers.
- Brainstorm with cross-functional team members and suppliers, recommended printing and finishing processes to meet project goals. Demonstrate ability to generate print design of experiment and execute the plan with print suppliers.
- Work with suppliers to understand capabilities and scope out mass manufacturing potential options for down select and approval.
- Collaborate with suppliers to trouble shoot issues and capable of taking over digital press to resolve issues if needed.
- Demonstrated ability to use and implement statistical and data analysis tools over colors and work with the team to make data driven decisions.
- Good knowledge of ISO 12647, 15339 and GRACoL2013 color methods.
- Establish R&D project milestones, track timeline and partner up with assigned cross-functional teams for trial run, and material, graphic treatment, new print technology qualification at suppliers.
- Obtain proof of concept samples for design team approval before implementation of the project by the Packaging Ops Producers.
- Understand suppliers printing and finishing capabilities.
- Stays on top of Packaging Innovation as it relates to these techniques on various substrates.
- Visit International trade show and attends conferences.
- Manages special projects with ID (boxes for events, exhibitions) and support new acquisition with short term packaging solution/consultation.
- Rich print industry connections and knowledge including raw materials, print and finishing equipment.
A Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design or a related field is preferred.
Our client, a leader in consumer electronics, is one of the greatest, most innovative, world-changing companies ever created! More like a cluster of start-ups versus a large company, they are single-handedly credited with creating some of the most impactful products of this generation.
Working alongside some of the brightest and most talented people, the work you do here will add up to something big that could not be done anywhere else. There is no doubt that your best work will be brought out achieving some hefty goals at a heroic pace.
One thing we know is that you WILL NOT ever be bored.
Here are some more things you can expect:
- Wi-fi equipped shuttle service
- Free parking
- Onsite cafeteria
WORKING WITH AQUENT: long-term assignments with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health (including term life and LTD) and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your pay check
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Access to free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)