- Chicago, Il
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Debra Powell
This is a full time, permanent/direct hire role in Chicago downtown.
Mobile visual design experience required.
(this is not a UX role)
Senior Visual Designer with mobile/responsive or native app design experience, on a large national account. Fearless, passionate and imaginative, you’ll push the boundaries of visual design alongside the UX and UI team — building digital experiences that build stronger human connections.
The ideal Senior Visual Designer…
- Proven background and track record at executing and delivering top-quality design work for mobile/responsive or native app experience (and a book to back it up)
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of visual design (especially in the digital space). This means expertise or strong knowledge in site design, responsive design, mobile app design and visual ID.
- Ability to solve and understand behaviors in the digital space. A natural problem solver who understands the user journey – anticipating what people might like and are drawn to both aesthetically and functionally.
- Knack for coming up with imaginative solutions that push boundaries
- Collaborative and open-minded thinker. Able to conceptualize and express ideas with other team members while helping elevate the work.
- Geeks out on the details. Down with the nuances of design and thinking through all the details of their design.
- Likes to sketch, draw and maybe even illustrate on the side.
- Loves type and typography. Understands font weights, style and hierarchy of type — especially when it comes to digital design and scan-ability.
- Able to talk through their work and the process that lead them to their finished product.
Desired Skills & Experience
The Senior Designer will need…
- At least 5 years of experience designing within the web and mobile space.
- A strong understanding of UI flows, wires and design
- To be proficient in Mac OSX, Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (including Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign).
- Expertise in Sketch and proficiency in InVision.
- Strong verbal and communication skills (articulating and presenting their ideas)
- A general understanding of Abstract and how it integrates with Sketch.
- A background and understanding in iOS/Android.
- Some understanding of atomic design principles and material design.
Extra credit if you have…
- Experience working in design/product development sprints
- Experience prototyping your designs in programs like (Marvel, Protopie, etc.)