- Washington, DC
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Chris Woodbridge
Our large Non-profit client located in DC is seeking a Program & Events Assistant for a long-term assignment. This role is onsite and 40/hrs a week.
Our client’s movie screening program was created in 2012 to screen selected films for it’s member audiences. In 2018, more than 900 screenings took place across the country, in nearly every state, engaging more than 100,000 attendees. The national office team manages all aspects of the screening program from movie research, film selection, procurement, and licensing to venue selection, contracting, and payment to audience targeting, promotion and ticketing. The team prepares all aspects of the screening so that field staff and volunteers can successfully run the events on the ground. Throughout the planning process, the team also supports all state staff by serving as a client service hub, fielding all questions, concerns, escalations and reconciling any problems which may arise. Upon completion of a film series, the national office team collects results for reporting that is disseminated to stakeholders across the organization.
- Assist the event planning and execution of state screening events, including tracking and cross-checking event budgets and contracts, executing promotion tactics, and managing key aspects of event planning such as venue booking and creation and management of ticketing sites, and tracking project costs.
- Collaborate and coordinate with program stakeholders at the National office and in the State offices, as well as external vendors and partners throughout a screening series’ lifecycle. Track, analyze and report results to support Association goals around member engagement and relevance.
- Maintain the events inbox, which fields member inquiries pertaining to screenings and problems with registration, and ensure timely and professional customer service for all incoming messages.
- Contribute to the creation of screening program strategy and innovation.
Completion of a Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of experience in event planning or project management.
- Experience in event planning, project management, or administrative duties
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex, long-term projects with attention to detail
- Familiarity with CVENT a plus
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Proven critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
Our client is one of the largest non-profits in the US, with a very user-centric vision and a strong social mission. This organization dedicates its efforts on increasing membership with a strong focus digitally, via social media, and digital marketing. The vibe is collaborative, fast-paced, and overall, passionate. The people who work here live and breathe the organization’s mission of enhancing the quality of life, and championing social change.
Work here and:
Help target memberships now and into the future to develop products specifically targeted to those relatively new to the workforce
Have your voice be heard. Our client prides itself on considering the input of all involved in projects
Work with fellow freelancers who know that they’re working on projects designed for the betterment of communities
Work on national campaigns that are targeted by community
Work with others who are interested in outreach and volunteerism
Our client has made customer engagement a priority and is interested in all candidates who are passionate about it as well.