- New York, New York
- Job Terms:
- $30-$33 an hour
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Lauren Wagenaar
We are looking for an Event Marketing Assistant Manager to work at a leading beauty company in New York City! This position is an on-going contract with the goal to have you convert to a full-time employee. In order to excel in this position, you should ideally have experience planning brand and product launches, events, high profile meet and greets, VIP experiences, private events, etc. within the luxury / retail space.
Please note* This is a retail / store event marketing position (not trade show / large event position)
Day to day:
As the Assistant Manager of Event Marketing, you will support the planning and execution of events for clients within the rewards program. Event types include, but are not limited to,
offsite activations focused on brand and product launches, events featuring brands talent, high profile meet and greets, VIP experiences, plus in-store private national shopping moments.
This role will be hyper-focused on building client loyalty and first-access experiences through creative, interactive, and memorable event programs.
This position will likewise work with several cross-functional departments internally and with external stakeholders to deliver against event objectives and goals while carefully tracking projects, planning and implementing event experiences, building relationships, and analyzing client feedback and event results.
In the role, you will:
• Partner with Manager to develop and execute strong event concepts
• Contribute to the creative aspect of each event environment to define each events uniqueness and social shareability
• Champion the Marketing department and Event Marketing team goals while balancing the interests of brand partners, clients, internal, and external stakeholders
• With Manager, introduce and guide new brands and/or partners in the creation of loyalty events
• Solicit, manage, and cultivate vendor relationships
• Create event communications, run of show documents, and recaps
• Manage copy, creative, email, and social requests + deadlines
• Oversee event program timelines and logistics
• Manage event production with brand(s) and/or agency partners
• Consolidate post-event client attendance and experience feedback, internal partner feedback, and ROI metrics for recapping purposes
• Function as a thought partner as it relates to the Event Marketing world, maintaining a constant pulse on retail trends
• Observe, monitor, and share competitive findings and event opportunities
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience in event management, hospitality, marketing or related fields
• Minimum 2-4 years of event management experience (preferably corporate events or agency)
• Proven ability to lead, build relationships, and work effectively in a highly cross-functional and matrixed team
• Proactive problem-solving skills; ability to anticipate obstacles and quickly generate alternate solutions/ideas
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills with ability to effectively prioritize
• Creative self-starter with a can-do positive attitude and roll-up-your-sleeves approach
• Flexible with demands and changes in extremely fast-moving business environment
• Excellent technical skills – MS Office, specifically advanced Excel and PowerPoint
• Experience in event marketing, sourcing, planning, executing, and evaluating programs with
precise detail in a deadline-driven environment
• Beauty, fashion, and/or retail experience a plus
• Exceptional client and vendor management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Dedicated and passionate teams creating the best possible omni-channel consumer experience. Work alongside individuals who are curious and confident, disrupting the status quo and taking chances with its innovation. This is a fast-paced environment, where there's room for fun, and the passion is real.