- Richmond, VA
- Job Terms:
- $30-36/hr. DOE
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Cassandra Beard
AQUENT is partnering with a growing organization here in Richmond, VA to find a Copywriter for a 6 month assignment. Are you a collaborative creative who thrives in fast-paced environments? Do you prefer to be a part of the ideation process? Then this opportunity is for you!
What would a day-in-the-life look like?
- Collaborate with graphic and/or web designers to create ad concepts (sometimes multiple ideas per project) and present the ideas to senior leadership and cross-functional teams for approval; ability to persuade and sell-in ideas yet listen and collaborate with leadership to produce the best creative work possible within the project guardrails
- Concepts and executes marketing messages that persuasively deliver the intended business strategy, creative brief and campaign request
- Ability to write for all types of advertising/marketing projects such as: print ads, product brochures, flyers, email campaigns, banner ads, outdoor, corporate websites, web landing pages, articles, scripts, TV and radio/video scripts, sales training materials, blog posts, social media, posters and other collateral, etc. – both B2B and B2C
- Aptitude for writing customer emails, letters and other customer-centric communications around purchasing or claims that are concise and resonate with the end-consumer in a way that is refreshingly clear and represents our brand and infuses the appropriate personality to convey welcoming, caring and/or instructional messages
- Ability to concept and write for the audience (both B2B and B2C) which includes major accounts and their employees and vary depending on the clients
- Ability to concept and write effective eCommerce direct response booking path messages for a wide range of strategic partners and prospects
- Effective at producing high volume of quality work within fast turnaround timeframes, using project management software (Workfront) to maintain accurate project records, reporting and project time tracking)
- Initiates own creative or copywriting projects for content development and incorporation, when appropriate, into other campaigns (i.e. customer testimonials/stories)
- Lead other copywriters in sharing best practices and working through creative challenges to establish creative/copy strategies, communication hierarchies and tactics by channel, presenting work with strong verbal and written rationales (rooted in consumer/partner insights)
- Work with other brand creative team members to lead and contribute to brainstorming sessions to creatively solve business challenges for AWP and our strategic partners
- Participate in internal meetings with key stakeholders on various projects to receive project briefings and overviews; ability to prioritize time and workload
- Conduct internal or external research or interviews in order to write copy that is strategically sound (and complaint in terms of advertising claims, for example) and must be able to work effectively in a cross-functional, cross-divisional environment to solve problems creatively
- Ability to quickly learn and comprehend various insurance industry products and the nuances of each in terms of benefits/features
What should you bring to the table?
- At least 2 years of copywriting experience
- Must have experience writing for multichannel campaigns
- Collaborative attitude
- Willingness to jump in with new ideas
Why do you want to work through AQUENT?
- AQUENT offers an amazing benefits package. For every hour you work – we'll subsidize up to 85% of your medical, vision and dental premium.
- A team of agents that are invested in your career. We offer resume and portfolio review, interview prep and access to online training.
- We offer the only referral program that continues to give back. Earn a cash bonus for every hour your referral works for up to 6 months.