- Hartford County or surrounding cities
- Job Terms:
- W2, Hourly, Depends on Experience
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Erica Schmidt
Our Fortune 100 client is seeking a Consultant to join their Studio inside the Creative department and report to the Digital Lead. The Studio Designer/Coder Consultant will combine their creativity and technical skills to design and execute across a range of digital deliverables including microsites, landing pages, applications, email communications and banner ads. Candidates bring a good balance of right and left brain with the ability to design based on conceptual ideas, keeping in mind UX and accessibility standards, as well as code for production. You will partner with fellow creatives, project and production teams, IT and internal digital teams to craft solutions that engage and delight.
- Combine design sense and knowledge of typography with a passion for craft and technology to create effective and engaging user experiences that solve business challenges
- Apply a strong understanding of digital best practices, front-end development, usability, accessibility, information architecture and technology standards to all initiatives
- Understand responsive design and development for desktop, tablet and mobile across platforms and browsers
- Partner with writers, designers, account team, project and production managers, and outside vendors to articulate ideas, technical insights and solutions to the internal team and our clients
- Multi-task to meet deadlines, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and react quickly to changes in direction
- Solid attention to detail, with emphasis on accuracy
- Advocate for and contribute to digital design standards and procedures for the team, sharing best practices with internal partners
- Code from design layout/documentation for desktop and mobile landing pages and email communications
- Ensure code and design quality through testing and QA
- Commit to and exemplify the team values (Intrinsically Motivated + Resourceful, Amazing + Awesome, Inspired + Enlightened, Passionate + Curious, Smart + Constructively Dissatisfied, Disciplined + Resilient)
Our national insurance industry client practices what it preaches, and has a strong health and wellness focus as part of their company culture. As a part of their organization, even as a freelancer, you can expect to be included in that culture!
What else can you expect from this organization?
As a congenial and collaborative culture, they’ll welcome you as an equal contributor, and value your opinion when it comes to creative and marketing project creation and delivery.
They’re fully committed to an Agile environment, adopting and utilizing standard Agile practices daily.
These folks are committed to getting it right, and as such, are quite focused on metrics and ROI. “Measure twice, cut once” is a common phrase that could possibly apply to their project teams. That’s why they value candidates with previous knowledge and experience in designing & managing to drive metrics, and have a keen eye for those with insurance industry experience.
Prior knowledge of and familiarity with industry acronyms is a plus.
This is very much a matrixed organization, so bring your A-game and communication skills! You’ll be networking with any number of stakeholders related to your creative and marketing projects.
Being a larger corporation, the meeting schedule is sometimes heavy. With a strong ability to stay organized and focused on your deliverable, you’ll thrive here!
Certain locations benefit from on-site fitness center facilities, Starbucks, and free parking. Our advice? Bring your walking shoes! Your day has a built in mini-workout. Parking in the CT facility tends to be a bit of a walk from the (very large!) main building, but that will make your fitness tracker happy!
Benefits for Consultants
Aquent talent are eligible for a generous health-and-wellness package.
Our plan includes: Medical Insurance Aquent offers access to comprehensive In and Out of Network plans, with contributions toward monthly premiums and often with eligibility within two months of starting work. Retirement Savings Plan Aquent offers a 401(k) plan, managed by a leader in the retirement field, with immediate vesting.
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Professional training
- Discounts and Perks
QUALIFICATIONS + SKILLS
- Outstanding portfolio: A solid design background and a passion for technology
- Bachelor’s Degree and 4+ years’ experience, combined agency and client-side background
- Mastery of tools: Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, Litmus
- A team player, with a can-do attitude
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize, with focus on both the big picture and the creative details
- Willingness to accept input and work collaboratively
- Consistently delivers great work in line with project schedules
- Ability to clearly communicate and present ideas
Successful candidates will be required to pass a drug test and background check prior to start