- New York, NY
- Job Terms:
- DOE + Benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jennifer Torrens
Large Media and Entertainment client in Manhattan, NY is seeking a Print Production Manager to join their team. This is a 1 year opportunity with the possibility of extending.
Reporting to the Production Director, this position is responsible for managing all phases of assigned book production from estimating to the manufacturing of approximately 150-200 reprints, special sales and custom publishing titles per year. This position works across all imprints, making sure all reprint and changes are made. This role serves as an advocate for each title and is involved in every phase of production ensuring assigned books are printed/reprinted, delivered as specified, and
- Participates in weekly production meetings providing realistic estimates of production time and cost for a title. Advises on the feasibility, scheduling, costs, etc., to help determine best course of action.
- Responsible for the timely and cost-effective production of assigned book titles. Develops cost-effective production schedules and monitors status of projects in production. Liaison with Editorial, Design and Sales team keeping all parties informed on production schedule, cost and timing updates. .
- Partners with the Operations and Sales teams to look at inventory and identify books for reprint by reviewing sales and trends to maximize sales and consumer demands.
- Reviews proofs with art directors and editors for quality. Ensures timely delivery of books to warehouse for retail distribution.
- Follow up on all issues concerning quality control and processing of vendor invoices and payments.
- Minimum 5 years experience in book production.
- Knowledge of CPSIA and ILS standards and regulations.
- Working knowledge of Quark, Photoshop, MS Word and Excel.
- Preferred Qualifications Knowledge of SAP a plus.
Required Education: Two-Year College or technical degree required
Prederred Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred
Our Entertainment and Consumer Products client could quite possibly have the world’s biggest range of product offerings. Their stories and characters are all brought to life through innovative and engaging physical products and cutting edge digital experiences. Feel like a kid again by working on things you’ve grown up either playing or seeing at a distance, and dreaming about one day having access to! This is the job you take when you can still remember saying “I want to do that when I grow up!”
This division includes some of the most innovative and talented app and game developers, graphic artists and marketing experts in the world. These people enjoy what they do, and it shows through the products they’re creating and bringing to consumers every day. Add the world’s happiest brand to your resume, while expanding your skills and experience with one of the world’s most recognizable companies.
- Highly competitive salaries: commensurate with experience
- Insurance: Excellent medical benefits with premiums largely subsidized by Aquent
- 401k Plan
- 24-hours Paid Sick Leave
- Perks & Discounts at leading major retailers