- Hartford County, CT
- Job Terms:
- W2, Hourly - depends on experience
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Kimberley Strayer
Our Fortune 100 client is seeking a Business Communications Consultant to provide advanced professional input to complex Business Communications assignments/projects aligned with their post-acquisition continued integration activities.
- Utilize independent judgment and discretion, plans, edits and supervises publication of communications and bulletins.
- May create, design and write publication materials, employee/media communications, newsletters, bulletins, and informational materials, for internal or external audiences.
- May conduct analysis of internal customer satisfaction.
- Develop and implement internal communications via intranet, printed copies, banners etc.
- Design and layout customized internal communications, online and print.
- Create presentations, communications plans, corporate communications materials, and provide event assistance.
- Work autonomously, only requiring expert-level technical support from others.
- Exercise judgment in the evaluation, selection, and adaptation of both standard and complex techniques and procedures.
Our national insurance industry client practices what it preaches, and has a strong health and wellness focus as part of their company culture. As a part of their organization, even as a freelancer, you can expect to be included in that culture!
What else can you expect from this organization?
As a congenial and collaborative culture, they’ll welcome you as an equal contributor, and value your opinion when it comes to creative and marketing project creation and delivery.
They’re fully committed to an Agile environment, adopting and utilizing standard Agile practices daily.
These folks are committed to getting it right, and as such, are quite focused on metrics and ROI. “Measure twice, cut once” is a common phrase that could possibly apply to their project teams. That’s why they value candidates with previous knowledge and experience in designing & managing to drive metrics, and have a keen eye for those with insurance industry experience.
Prior knowledge of and familiarity with industry acronyms is a plus.
This is very much a matrixed organization, so bring your A-game and communication skills! You’ll be networking with any number of stakeholders related to your creative and marketing projects.
Being a larger corporation, the meeting schedule is sometimes heavy. With a strong ability to stay organized and focused on your deliverable, you’ll thrive here!
Certain locations benefit from on-site fitness center facilities, Starbucks, and free parking. Our advice? Bring your walking shoes! Your day has a built in mini-workout. Parking in the CT facility tends to be a bit of a walk from the (very large!) main building, but that will make your fitness tracker happy!
Benefits for Consultants
Aquent talent are eligible for a generous health-and-wellness package.
Our plan includes: Medical Insurance Aquent offers access to comprehensive In and Out of Network plans, with contributions toward monthly premiums and often with eligibility within two months of starting work. Retirement Savings Plan Aquent offers a 401(k) plan, managed by a leader in the retirement field, with immediate vesting.
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Professional training
- Discounts and Perks
Desired candidates will bring:
- Minimum five years relevant experience, preferably including prior employment with a communications or marketing team.
- Broad business knowledge of the health care services industry.
- Knowledge of the provider experience.
- Experience evaluating customer needs; and leveraging strong consulting and project management skills.
- Hands-on experience managing communication initiatives from beginning to end.
- Experience managing budget estimates, and creating communication plans.
- Strong PowerPoint design skills to creatively display content and visually translate key concepts
- Able to work effectively in a dynamic, heavily matrixed environment.
- Able to lead multiple projects that require the support of other team members.
- Work independently, have strong interpersonal skills and be self-motivated.
- Solid organization, creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong relationship management skills: ability to foster collaboration, value other perspectives and gain support and buy-in.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in MS Office Suite. Strong Excel skills, a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism or related discipline.
Successful candidates will be required to pass a drug test and background check prior to starting.