- New York, NY
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Amy Izzo
AQUENT's global financial industry seeks a Front End Developer consultant for a web migration project. This is role is full time hours (40 hrs per week, on site in mid-town Manhattan, W2 with benefits available through AQUENT). The project is slated for 3 months with possible extension.
The Digital Design team is seeking a front-end developer consultant to support them in their migration from a legacy content management system (CMS). In order to migrate our code and web pages, we need to clean up the code on each page to ensure there are no conflicts with new site code. Delete old code. Write consistent, reusable code to be leveraged across all new/migrated content pages. Code, test, debug and document all work.
- Clean up legacy code as part of migration from old content management system (CMS) to new one
- Code, test, debug, document and support content migration
- Create code blocks for build out of asset components
- Migrate code from legacy CMS to new
- Q/A testing of all assets
- Development of asset components that are ADA compliant
- Must be comfortable hand-coding HTML without use of a WYSIWYG editor or use of a base theme.
- Strong understanding of CSS in relation to creating layouts responsive design and flexbox is a must.
- Strong knowledge of front-end debugging with browser development tools such as Chrome DevTools and Firefox Dev Tools.
- Basic proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Strong understanding of web design principles and best practices.
- Strong understanding of information architecture, navigation, and usability principles.
- Experience using content management systems a plus (e.g., AEM, Oracle, Drupal, Wordpress)
- Strong communications skills required to work across teams (Marketing, Tech, etc) with varying technical expertise
- Team oriented individual who can work independently and with multiple stakeholders on coding and production work
- Ability to multitask effectively and deliver seamlessly under tight timeframes
The following are not required, but would be a great PLUS:
- Knowledge of requirements as defined in Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act a plus. (ADA Compliance Standards)
Code sample required (Portfolio or Github that sample of work)