- Oakland, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Erica Schmidt
Lead User Researcher needed with strong quantitative experience with a statistical background for a large healthcare company in Oakland.
In this role, you will lead research activities that help a large healthare company create useful, usable, and impactful new products and features for our customers and will support continuous innovation on our existing products. You’ll inspire change at all stages of product development by delivering compelling, written, in-person and visual reports on your findings.
· Define and measure quantitative UX goals and metrics in collaboration with Designers, Qualitative Researchers, Data Analysts, and Program Mangers
· Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research.
· Conduct empirical research using methods from computer science, quantitative social sicence, statistics, and other fields to understand user behavior and extract meaningful patterns from large data sets.
· Lead research development, as well as collect and analyze user behavior through lab studies, field visits, ethnography, surveys, benchmark studies, server logs and online experiments (A/B testing, usability testing, etc).
· Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and in-person presentations. Make research findings convincing and actionable for both research experts and non-experts.
· BA/BS degree in Statistics, Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science or other related fields or equivalent practical experience.
· 2-4 years of direct UX research work experience.
· Especially strong interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills.
· Basic understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process.
· Work in research setting with some experience conducting semi-structured interviews, contextual field visits, usability studies either live or remote (e.g. Userzoom or usertesting.com or similar).
· MA/MS degree in Anthropology, Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science or other related fields.
· Experience integrating user research into product designs and design practices.
· Proficient knowledge of statistics and experimental design.
· Excellent command of research questions within a given domain, and of technical tools for analysis of data within that field.