- Mountain View, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Corey King
This is a fast-paced, project-focused innovation group. Projects are developed and executed at the intersection of ambitious science and an urgent user need or application. We are looking for a visual designer with a background in product design and a deep understanding of design systems.
As an Interaction Designer (UX and UI), this team empowers you to better engage with your world by weaving information directly into the things you love, wear, and use every day. You will mainly work on the application, iteratively improving the user experience and exploring new future opportunities.
- Design and maintain a visual language system for all products, across both digital and physical touchpoints.
- Translate conceptual user interaction models into visual interfaces that are intuitive, accessible, and emotionally engaging.
- Execute against several work-streams in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment and deliver strategically sound, conceptually based, iconic experiences.
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering to bring design to life in an agile environment.
- Help create and maintain presentation materials that communicate our technology to internal and external audiences.
- Additional areas of focus include: digital assets and collateral for our key marketing pages, and design for software and services and storytelling about key initiatives
- Must have end-to-end Mobile App experience
- Experience handling Production, QA, Design Specs, working with Engineers and Implementation
- Bachelor's Degree and 3-4+ years of experience delivering visual design solutions with a specific focus on mobile applications.
- Portfolio showcasing work that includes conceptual explorations, visual language systems and design specs.
- (Please DO NOT SUBMIT without a Portfolio - attachment or online links are both acceptable)
- Ability to demonstrate a collaborative approach with a cross functional team.
- Detail-oriented and organized, with strong visual design skills, layout, typography and high graphic standards.
- Knowledge of design and technology trends and how to apply these to the company
- Solid understanding of how to create assets for multi-resolution platforms.
- Experience using Sketch software
- Experience with any App that has a Hardware component (ex: Google Hardware, Facebook Hardware, Amazon Hardware, Uber, Airbnb, Lyft, Jump, Skip, Samsung)