- New York, New York
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Tannah Castro
We are looking for a UX Designer to join our Energy industry client's UX Team on a long-term basis.
What you’ll do:
- Craft | Conceptualize new solutions and find ways to improve existing experiences. Tirelessly advocate for the user and their needs.
- Build | You’ll create user journeys, wireframes, and functional prototypes that define and describe consumer-focused digital products
- Lead & Innovate| Exemplify fearlessness in the face of the undefined and a passion for bringing order through design exploration.
- Collaborate | You’ll need to effectively communicate what is needed from teammates who’s attention is split across many projects. You must be a champion of team environments that are comfortable with ambiguity and encourage collaboration, especially working cross-discipline: you can talk the talk with developers and designers equally well.
Who you are:
- A builder | You make things and you want to make more things with a team made up of like-minded people. You’re a leader with an ability and appetite to bring people together.
- Curious about technology | You’re aware of the latest trends and ideas and can talk about your opinions of them.
- Passionate about creativity | You understand how designers think and apply your knowledge to your work. UX is at its core a creative pursuit and you ground your thinking that way. Your partnership with creatives and ability to inspire ideas through execution is what gets you out of bed in the morning
- A strategic thinker | You know how to conduct and interpret user research, perform an A/B test, and what a product roadmap is.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- 5 years of experience in user experience, information architecture, or interaction design.
- Strong portfolio of work demonstrating experience leading or managing the design of complex systems across multiple platforms, including mobile and touch-based interfaces.
- Solid understanding of designing user experiences for digital ecosystems.
- Experience presenting and arguing for your work internally and with clients
- Proven ability to collaborate with internal disciplines and negotiate effectively with clients and provide leadership to the team.
- Proficiency in Adobe XD, Sketch, InVision, or similar design and prototyping tools
- Experience preparing and conducting user research and usability tests.
- Strong knowledge of user-centered design principles, processes, and techniques.
Corporate - Energy Industry