Large Media and Entertainment brand in Burbank, CA is seeking a Sales Planning Assistant Coordinator to join their streaming services sales team. This is an 18-month opportunity and there are currently 4 openings.
Seeking a highly organized, motivated individual with comprehensive understanding of Distribution Licensing, advanced Excel skills, and working knowledge of databases.
- Compile high volumes of material data sets in Excel. Map, migrate, and validate data sets in system. Accountable for the integrity of all sales data in database.
- Audit deal terms of licensed product in the system and reconcile against the license agreement.
- Provide Sales team with a comprehensive avails/status of licensed content to maximize sales avails and future sales opportunities.
- Assist with pre/post sale activity. Extract material deal points and create ad-hoc reports (targeted packages of available product, strategically selected for a particular licensee) and initial deal structure for the sales team.
- Review counter offers and revise the deals accordingly for the sales team.
- Maintain option trackers for all active deals. Prepare and distribute notices.
- Review and approve monthly invoice entries.
- Interact with Sales executives, Legal, Operations, Finance and Accounting on a frequent basis
- One-off analytic projects as required.
- Strong database and project management skills.
- Advanced Excel skills required. Experience with data manipulation and Excel formulas (Date functions, V-lookup, Pivot Tables, etc).
- Comprehensive understanding of underlying distribution rights and music rights, coupled with strong analytical skills to be able to perform analysis of exclusive vs. non-exclusive grant of rights, exclusivities, restrictions/holdbacks.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for interaction with legal team and sales staff.
- Self-starter with ability to prioritize. Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task doing analytical, detail-oriented, high volume work, in support of multiple teams
- MUST HAVE entertainment distribution licensing experience.
Preferred Qualifications: Inputting into rights management systems a huge plus
Required Education: BA/BS in related field or equivalent experience
- Overview: For the brand's 700 agreements with another network, will validate/priortize territories that are launching. Read deals and create a summary of terms and a worksheet that aligns with titles and start/end date of each deal. Identify any restrictions as well as discrepancies.
- Candidates must have excellent troubleshooting skills with Excel (validation, etc. MUST BE EXPERTS).
- Media entertainment industry and content licensing is key - experience supporting sales efforts and understands terminology.
- Must be familiar with how industry exploits content.