- New York, NY
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jennifer Richey
This Content Editor role sits in NYC onsite at the world's leading technology company, role is structured hourly, on a W2 and has an initial term of one year - excllent and affordable benefits. Possibility of extension after the one year term.
You'll be working with a small, fast-paced team. We are tasked with bringing the company's best consumer research to life in rich and compelling ways. This may involve the creation of interactive stories, tools, data sets, digital artifacts, and promotional assets. You have the deep digital experience to push the boundaries in storytelling through creative uses of technology, while helping steward and extend the brand in this frontier. In this role, you’re expected to apply the same level of creative originality on the company's products, projects, and communication as our engineers have on world-changing leaps in technology and people’s everyday lives. You are comfortable taking a story outline w/ boxes and arrows and turning the data insights into novel, organized, and compelling storytelling. You are a team player who will collaborate with designers, product managers, engineers and data scientists to define user content and tone. You have the deep experience and expertise across the creative process to consistently deliver world-class, creative communications. As an Editor on our editorial team, you research, create, edit, and manage a portion of customer-facing content. You fully understand and articulate the values of the company and their products, and confidently manage a variety of interests as you interact with a wide range of project teams. The range and deadlines of your assignments varies greatly; however, you are able to produce informative, accurate, and lively content in a timely fashion, often at a moment's notice. The role demands extreme discipline, hard work, and diligence. In return, you'll receive enormous satisfaction as a key member of a dynamic team.
- Write and/or edit copy, including website help content, user interface (UI) messaging, and other instructional pieces.
- Work collaboratively within a cross-functional team environment to analyze, create, and maintain messaging in a timely and consistent manner.
- Support a variety of teams across the company.
- Ensure that our customers have positive interactions with the company.
- B.A. preferred, ideally in English, Journalism, or Advertising
- 5+ years experience writing for an established consumer brand or advertising agency.
- A diverse portfolio of original and breakthrough work, featuring examples of collaborative and self-initiated projects.
- Proven experience in the technology category and ability to make sophisticated technology accessible and understandable to a wide audience.
- Proven ability to thrive in a rapid-paced environment on multiple projects in a scrappy, start-up atmosphere.
- M.A. is a plus.
- 8+ years experience working for or with technology based brands.
- Excellent presentation, written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Collaborative, proactive mindset; Detail-oriented