- Menlo Park, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Corey King
- Research user experience features in computer software and other applications.
- Investigate ways to improve the end-user interaction with computer programs to increase satisfaction, brand loyalty, and overall use.
- Create reports based on market trends and user surveys, analyze the information and report observations to the user experience manager.
- Relay information and ideas to the user experience team and other designers to modify existing computer features and graphics.
- Develop innovative solutions for existing user experience issues, create effective strategies to implement user experience changes, perform task analysis, troubleshoot remote applications, and execute prototype testing.
- Work with other researchers and internal teams to form a cohesive user experience platform.
- Conduct focus groups and gather survey results for future versions of the product or service.
- Plan and coordinate field and crowdsourcing efforts.
- Interact with clients to determine requirements and set expectations.
- Analyze and report on user data to inform design and deployment.
- Create user scenarios and stories to coordinate with other teams.
- Design and lead user focus groups and data collection.
- At least five years of industry experience as a hands-on quantitative researcher, working across multiple platforms
- Research experience with products made for parents preferred
- Ability to uncover actionable insights, and tailoring to stakeholder queries
- Well-versed on conducting user-centered UX research from survey design, user recruitment to analysis/reporting
- Applied knowledge of multivariate statistics
- Applied experience using SPSS
- Organized, self-directed, efficient, and able to manage multiple and complex projects in a timely manner
- Excellent verbal / written communication and presentation skills
- Active learner seeking to expand and share knowledge and experience in UX researches
- Possesses the experience, maturity, presence, and judgment to work cooperatively with the research team while gaining credibility and respect with business leaders
- 3+ years of experience conducting user-centered quantitative research in an organization or consulting environment, including working with stakeholders to understand and clarify their research needs, and communicating analyses to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human-Centered Design, Social Science, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, or related field.
- 3+ years of experience (after MA was received) conducting user-centered quantitative research in an organization or consulting environment, including working with stakeholders to understand and clarify their research needs, and communicating analyses to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Master's Degree in Human-Centered Design, Social Science, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology or related field.
This TOP social media company, headquartered in Menlo Park, CA, was built to help people connect and share. Over the last decade their tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate. With over two billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at this company offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.
Working here, you’ll:
- Be part of their mission of community building
- Work on the most visible apps and services in the social media industry
- Work in an Agile environment, in constant iteration and problem solving mode
- Take part in global internal conversations that are happening with stakeholders, wherever they may be located, who are the best at what they do
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.