- Redmond, WA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Katie Denfeld
With the news of COVID19 spreading, Aquent is committed to ensuring the safety and well being of our employees. This includes providing technology to support video interviews, resources and support for employees to work from home successfully, and fully covered healthcare for eligible employees.
Packaging and Content Design Team at our Client on the Eastside is looking for a dynamic and exceptionally creative designer with 5 - 10 years professional experience in structural package design. Think consumer products.
This Candidate will be working within the internal Design Team to deliver world class design solutions for our businesses including major global product lines and their accessories. Our ideal candidate will have an industrial design background, including structural packaging design knowledge and skills. Candidates will need to have demonstrated success in driving conceptual ideas from ideation to iteration and presentation, straight through to material insights and executional know-how.
This position will require a passionate, self-starting individual who can investigate, ideate, create and socialize packaging design solutions in partnership with stakeholders and internal teammates. In this capacity, the candidate will leverage deep knowledge and practical experience in packaging design, sketching, 3D form development, prototyping and skillful presentation and communication abilities. Your creative ability to develop and deliver rich experience-led design solutions in collaboration with other designers, packaging engineers and cross-functional stakeholders is critical to success.
• 5 – 10 years professional experience in an agency / corporation conceptualizing, designing and delivering exciting, forward-facing world class packaging and brand experiences
• Customer focus design process background with proven ability to deliver designs that align with current brand vision and can push our business in new, innovative directions
• Deep interest and awareness of global design, packaging, retail, consumer trends and the ability to leverage such insights into current and future thinking
• Expert with one or more 3D tools (SolidWorks, etc.), advanced surfacing capabilities and high-volume molding techniques a must
• Strong visual and communication skills through sketching, illustration, and 3D form creation
• Highly proficient in Illustrator, Photoshop, Powerpoint, Keyshot, etc.
• Strong knowledge in materials and manufacturing processes common to the consumer packaging industry
• A strong portfolio demonstrating breadth and creativity in successful packaging and product design, versatility with design and rapid prototyping tools and methods, and a strong understanding of design and creative process is required
• Comfort with designing under dynamic deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Experience with 2D die line development a distinct advantage
• Strong organizational skills to managing multiple projects at once. Highly motivated and self-driven individual
• Willingness to learn, motivate and inspire others as a Design Leader