- Detroit, Michigan
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- PJ Kitchen
We are looking for an Executive Assistant to support our large corporate client's internal legal + compliance department on a long-term basis.
The Executive Assistant role provides executive support to the General Counsel and three additional attorneys in the department. While the primary responsibility will be to provide administrative support to the attorneys, the individual will operate in a team environment and will provide administrative support as needed on key initiatives for the Legal, Compliance and Privacy team. The role requires superior attention to detail, great organizational skills, ability to find solutions to problems, juggle multiple requests, and a positive outlook.
Top Needs for this Role
- Flexible work hours to support demanding schedules, projects and fluctuating deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills, with an attention to detail and the ability to manage and prioritize competing tasks.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous environment.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
1. Support assigned staff member(s) in all related administrative tasks.
2. Prepare correspondence, presentations, meeting agendas, emails and external communications.
3. Handle highly confidential and sensitive information.
4. Coordinate and manage calendars, meetings, and conferences, ensuring schedule is followed or changed to address priorities.
5. Prioritize conflicting needs, handle matters proactively, and follow through on projects in a timely manner.
6. Coordinate team/departmental meetings and events.
7. Coordinate all facets and details of travel, including passport/visa credentials, mode of travel, accommodations, and foreign currency, ensuring experience is seamless.
8. Process expense reports and support team/department purchasing activities.
9. Support team/department by assisting others with technology, tools, and/or systems used in daily work.
10. Participate on project teams to help identify/create new processes, policies, and tools.
- Abide by the policies, procedures, and Code of Conduct of the company.
- Complete any required training.
- Promptly report any known or suspected loss, theft or unauthorized disclosure or use of PI to the General Counsel/Chief Compliance Officer or Chief Information Officer.
- Adhere to the company’s compliance program.
- Safeguard the company’s intellectual property, information, and assets.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Administrative role supporting senior-level leaders in a corporate setting (5 years).
- Utilization of MS Office to produce reports, charts/graphs, forms, presentations, and correspondence (5 years).
- Communication and interaction with executives and board-level members (5 years).
- Experience handling confidential and sensitive information discreetly.
High School diploma required. Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university preferred.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Proactively problem-solve and multitask while maintaining composure and attention to detail.
- Follow-through mindset to uphold a ‘close the loop’ culture.
- A positive approach to serving customers and providing exceptional customer service.
- Ability to demonstrate good judgment, high ethics and project a professional image.
- Ability to work independently and as a collaborative team member with a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- The drive to identify and seize opportunities for continuous improvement as business needs change.
- Excellent organization, flexibility and time management skills and the ability to work in a dynamic, deadline-driven environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal and business communication skills (written, verbal, listening).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).