- Client is in Hartford County, CT
- Job Terms:
- W2, Hourly - depends on experience
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Kimberley Strayer
Our Fortune 100 client is looking for a Layout Designer for a longer-term assignment to help support the Associate Creative Directors and design team to elevate the creative work being done and support the execution of producing the final product and/or performing client edits during the approval process. The perfect candidate will ensure the job flows smoothly from the design inception through to the end of the project, as well as follow through with project documentation securing client written approval, coordinating vendor assignments and printing assignments.
- Follows set brand standards and graphic style, while suggesting creative options
- Works well in a team structure; collaborates with creative team, production team and account team
- Strong communication skills including ability to articulate creative approach
- Efficient with time and resources; meets deadlines set by the account service department
- Learns about and understands the lines of business
- Maintains stewardship of the brand
Our national insurance industry client practices what it preaches, and has a strong health and wellness focus as part of their company culture. As a part of their organization, even as a freelancer, you can expect to be included in that culture!
What else can you expect from this organization?
As a congenial and collaborative culture, they’ll welcome you as an equal contributor, and value your opinion when it comes to creative and marketing project creation and delivery.
They’re fully committed to an Agile environment, adopting and utilizing standard Agile practices daily.
These folks are committed to getting it right, and as such, are quite focused on metrics and ROI. “Measure twice, cut once” is a common phrase that could possibly apply to their project teams. That’s why they value candidates with previous knowledge and experience in designing & managing to drive metrics, and have a keen eye for those with insurance industry experience.
This is very much a matrixed organization, so bring your A-game and communication skills! You’ll be networking with any number of stakeholders related to your creative and marketing projects.
Being a larger corporation, the meeting schedule is sometimes heavy. With a strong ability to stay organized and focused on your deliverable, you’ll thrive here!
Certain locations benefit from on-site fitness center facilities, Starbucks, and free parking. Our advice? Bring your walking shoes! Your day has a built in mini-workout. Parking in the CT facility tends to be a bit of a walk from the (very large!) main building, but that will make your fitness tracker happy!
Benefits for Consultants
Aquent talent are eligible for a generous health-and-wellness package.
Our plan includes: Medical Insurance Aquent offers access to comprehensive In and Out of Network plans, with contributions toward monthly premiums and often with eligibility within two months of starting work. Retirement Savings Plan Aquent offers a 401(k) plan, managed by a leader in the retirement field, with immediate vesting.
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Professional training
- Discounts and Perks
Desired candidates will bring:
- 3+ years of hands-on creative work experience, agency experience strongly preferred
- Dynamic design portfolio that demonstrates creative work on a range of projects
- Bachelors degree in Design or related area
- Ability to multitask and prioritize projects
- Willingness to accept input and work collaboratively
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas visually through sketching and computer-generated ideation
- Versatile in Adobe Creative Suite
- Motivated self-starter, reliable, dependable, detail oriented and able to multi-task
Successful candidates will be required to pass a drug test and background check prior to start.