- El Segundo, CA
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Emily Peel
We're looking for a Senior UI Designer to join a large Experience Design Studio team of other talented UX and UI designers. The ideal candidate will show a strong portfolio with product work that spans across multiple platforms. Process and thinking is just as important as the outcome of the product, we like candidates who are able to articulate this either though a case study or be able to speak to it throughly. We're looking for strong systematic thinking and discipline to adhere to visual principles set forth for the project/product (consistency is key). This Senior UI Designer will work on New and Exisiting platforms spanning across Broadband, Video, and Wireless Entertainment.
- This is a long term contract meant to go for 2-3 years, if not converted to a permanent member in the meantime.
- Online Portfolios are required for consideration. Please make sure this is included in your application. Ideal portfolio will portray excellent choices in typography, color, iconography, and visuals for user interface design systems.
- Health Benefits (HMO, PPO) and 401K included
- Designs with a consistent process, starting with understanding the problem, followed by exhaustive explorations of solutions.
- Shows beautiful design solutions that are backed up by user and business needs. Work and presentation reflects a passion for user-centric design.
- Exhibits a strong understanding of the impact copy and motion has on the user experience.
- Work is driven by business, user, and technical needs.
- 5+ years of UI design. In-house is preferable, but will consider the right candidates coming from agency-side.
- Portfolio of original and breakthrough work with demonstrated documentation of those experiences.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Have cross-platform design experiences (Web to Mobile to TV) you are technically fluent, comfortable working closely with engineering
- Expert knowledge of assets implementation standards on iOS, Android, and Web
- Proficiency in UI design tools such as Adobe XD, Sketch, Zeplin, and Abstract
- Prototyping experience with applications such as Principal, Flinto, Framer or Invision
- Bachelor's degree in fine arts, design, or human-centered interaction or professional experience.
What were not looking for:
- Marketing / Promo content design (ads, banners, digital assets)
- Limited experience to only one platform (i.e. websites)
The world loves TV! But the traditional world of video content distribution and consumption is changing dramatically. Our client is leading the way, as a top provider of digital television entertainment services, and backed by one of the world’s largest communication companies, delivering a premium video experience through state-of-the-art technology, and unmatched programming to more than 37 million customers in the U.S. and Latin America.
As a marketer, designer, developer, writer, or manager, if your passion is technology, this is where to look! Our client is innovating ways to bring not only its day-to-day technical products to the consumer, but is also keeping up the way they’re offering them, constantly adapting the standard of their own apps and digital experience. As part of their team, you’d be contributing to that innovation and digital experience, while gaining the experience that comes from working with two major technology brands.