SERVICES TO BE PERFORMED
Aquent's client is seeking a high-judgement, self-motivated, and highly creative communications professional to support on a temporary basis our Corporate Communications team in North America with regards to all communications related to job creation and investment, including building and hiring at HQ2.
The candidate will have experience in managing complex narratives and issues with the press, crave autonomy and ownership, and be willing and able to roll up their sleeves and get stuff done.
The successful candidate will:
· Develop, build, and maintain strong relationships with press contacts. Come with a strong media agenda in this field.
· Execute high-stake events, managing agencies, production companies and budgets.
· Draft written materials, including press releases, memos, pitches, statements, Q&As, and more.
· Manage data and pitch data-driven stories.
· Work in tandem with our Public Policy team.
· Show extraordinary high judgment, particularly in narrow time frames.
· Show strong creativity and think big skills.
· Have strong writing skills.
· Successfully manage complex, fast-moving and unexpected communications challenges and be able to deal with ambiguity.
· 8+ years of experience in Public Relations.
· Experience executing highly successful, creative campaigns and events.
· Exceptional verbal and written communications skills.
· Painstaking attention to detail.
· A network of media contacts and a desire to work with the media proactively.
· Collaborative team player.
· High ownership and commitment to delivering results.
· Bachelor’s degree.
· Willingness to work hard and roll up sleeves to get work done, even if outside the job’s scope.
· An entrepreneurial spirit, including the ability to work independently and autonomously.
· Experience serving as spokesperson.
· Experience working with executives.
· Experience managing budgets and agencies.