Large Media and Entertainment client in Burbank, CA is seeking a Senior Broadcast Maintenance Engineer to support their Cable Networks group. This is a 9-month role with the possibility of extending.
Work Schedule: 5 Day 8 Hr. Shift Wrk. including Weekends and After Hr
This position is for a full time Broadcast Maintenance Engineer to support our 24/7 Cable Networks Origination Facilities both here in Burbank as well as remote support for our two Cloud based Data Centers. Primary responsibilities include responding to immediate Play to Air technical issues impacting the business units. Additionally this role includes preventative maintenance task such as necessary SW and HW upgrades, and occasionally involvement in new projects requiring racking, cabling, configuration, and testing of new equipment. This role also includes responding to facility issue with critical Tech Power, HVAC Cooling, and FLS.
- Hands on Engineering position involving Maintenance, Configuration, & Troubleshooting of the Network Operation Center’s Broadcast Play to Air systems both our Legacy Baseband as well as our Cloud Based Streaming from redundant Data Centers.
- Monitor performance and maintain operational readiness of all critical Broadcast equipment.
- Take Proactive Action to correct ongoing equipment related problems with little supervision.
- Assist with required hardware, firmware, and software upgrades as deemed necessary.
- Assist with new projects involving installation, configuration, and testing of new equipment.
- Report and post daily shift logs of issues and activity involving the Play to Air environment.
- Monitor and respond to critical Tech Power, HVAC Cooling, and Fire Supression issues.
- Prior Experience with Video Servers, Storage Systems, & On Air Master Control Environment.
- Prior Experience with Play to Air Automation Systems such as ADC-100.
- Knowledge of Digital SD & HD Video, including routing, distribution, and processing technology.
- Knowledge of AES and Embedded Digital Audio processing, including Dolby 5.1 formats, loudness control, and level measurement technology.
- IP Networking knowledge and understanding required to support Remote Data Center Cloud Playback systems running on virtual applications servers.
- Knowledge and understanding of SCTE 35 and 104 splice messages.
- Prior experience with Multi Processor Viewers using both IP and Baseband Video sources.
- Knowledge and understanding of MPEG Compression and Transport Stream analysis tools.
Preferred Qualifications: IP Networking Experience with Knowledge of IP Multicast Video Steaming Technologies.
Required Education: Bachelors or Equivalent Experience
Preferred Education: AAS Degree in IT Networking with Advanced Networking