Large Media and Entertainment brand in Burbank, CA is seeking a Coordinator, Copyright Adminsitration to support their Music Publishing team. This is a 6-month opportunity with the possibility of extending.
Complete day-to-day publishing administration responsibilities under the direction of Senior Manager, Copyright Administration, including the following:
- Perform general song catalog administration and maintenance tasks (e.g., song set up and entry in royalty system, song matching, and suspense and error income maintenance).
- Register catalog titles with domestic CMOs (e.g., ASCAP, BMI and SESAC) via Common Works Registration and perform related tasks (e.g., generate and distribute song catalog shipments, track CMO acknowledgement files, resolve registration errors and/or rejections).
- Register catalog titles with the US Copyright Office.
- Interface with various departments to obtain appropriate rights agreements and related documentation (e.g., cue sheets, soundtrack roadmaps), and research and analyze such agreements and documentation to ensure accurate and prompt set-up and administration of works in royalty system.
- Manage and respond to copyright inquiries from department staff, Music Group senior management and other business units.
- Respond to inquiries from clients (including songwriters, composers and co-venture partners) on statements and royalty payments.
- Work collaboratively with Business Affairs, Accounting, Finance and A&R teams to complete all responsibilities.
- Prepare ad hoc analyses, special projects and reports as assigned.
- A minimum of 2 years music publishing or related experience, in-depth knowledge of current music publishing administration procedures, working knowledge of the recorded music industry, well-developed familiarity with copyright protocol, performing/mechanical rights, intellectual property rights and new technology developments (including digital media) and basic royalty accounting procedures.
- Superb organizational ability, meticulous attention to detail, excellent written/oral communication and analytical abilities, team player, initiative-taker, multi-tasker, reliable and dedicated work ethic.
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, strong command of Vistex/Counterpoint Maestro 400 (AS400), iMaestro and Common Works Registration (CWR).
- They would consider recent college graduates with a Music background.
- Dept will train SAP and their internal computer programs.
- They would like the candidates that are; tech savvy, possible Music Publishing exp., and have strong work ethic.
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.