Our large fin-tech client located in TIMONIUM, MD is seeking an Interaction Designer for an interim position until the end of the year with potential for further extension. This position sits on the UX Design team and supports the client’s credit organization.
The ideal candidate is an all-around designer with both interaction and visual design skills. He/She will thrive in a fast paced work environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication.
This individual should have a passion for empathizing with the needs and behaviors of people, the business, and how to solve for them through design.
• Partners with design, engineering and product management team members in the execution and delivery of successful products and services, using a customer-focused, iterative design process.
• Contributes to planning and estimating work and participates in broader work stream coordination and expectation setting
• Creates high quality deliverables and executes based on UX goals and priorities without prescriptive guidance or direction, managing his/her own work to a larger schedule.
• Leverages, fosters and extends the use of established UX techniques, templates, presentations, and assets in the creation of UX analysis, solutions, and materials;
• Creates opportunities to foster collaborative cross-discipline dynamics.
May lead experience and design initiatives.
Typical Task Breakdown/Rhythm: (15-20%) This person will be attending team meetings that happen every other Mondays, on Wednesdays there is a 2 hour design review. For their project, they will meet multiple times a week with the cross functional team.
80-85% of the day will be spent doing the design work.
Interaction Level with Team: this is a very collaborative and interactive role. There is a possibility that there may be interaction with external stakeholders
This team releases quite regularly. They work in rapid short cycles. There is a very robust AB testing (put out multiple designs and can see what is working). This is very rich with user experience. This is a very relatable space that impact millions of people.
• Has a thorough understanding of UX methodology and lifecycle across key channels and platforms.
• Customer-focused, with experience using design research methods to uncover customer insights
• Effectively operates within an iterative design team, managing UX responsibilities against defined milestones and plan with little day-to-day oversight.
• Knowledge of key channels and platforms, with experience in areas of mobile, portable, dedicated, web, or native mobile design.
• Experience with resources such as; pattern library, repositories, and internal communication tools.
• Solid expertise in design software applications including Adobe suite, Sketch, InVision and Zeplin
• Experience with Framer a plus
Years of Experience: 4+ years experience
Degrees or Certifications: Bachelors or Master’s Degree in the study of design including one of the following; Design, Information Architecture, Human Factors or equivalent project/portfolio experience.
Need to be strong enough to drive work on their own without others. Someone with strong collaboration skills to work with other designers.
Quality and speed of their design work
Satisfaction from the product manager and developers they work with
Ability to collaborate, take input/feedback and iterate on the designs
Ability to conduct user testing and incorporate customer input into design decisions
Ability to articulate rationale behind design decisions
Meeting deadlines on time, delivering specs efficiently and meeting expectations of the team
• Top 3 must-have hard skills. Level of experience with each, Stack-ranked by importance
1 Quality interaction design
2 Quality visual design and ability to use design software to create design prototypes and specs documents
3 Meets commitments on time and flexible in collaborating and taking input to iterate toward the refined designs