- Timonium, MD 21093
- Job Terms:
- $40-46/hour W2 + benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Chelsea Caudill
AQUENT is seeking an Interaction Designer for our large fin-tech client located in Timonium, Maryland - just North of Baltimore, Maryland. This position sits on the UX Design team and supports the client’s credit organization. This role is an onsite, 40-hour-a-week assignment through the end of 2020 with potential to extend. AQUENT offers a W2 hourly pay rate + benefits, 401k, dental, vision and more!
For quick apply, send your portfolio directly to Chelsea Caudill - firstname.lastname@example.org - with subject line "Maryland - Interaction Designer".
Interaction Designer required skills:
- 4 years of professional design experience
- High-quality interaction design
- High-end visual design skills
- Ability to use design software to create design prototypes and specs documents
- Personality and skill-set to thrive in a fast paced work environment that requires strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction
- Aptitude for team collaboration and open communication
- Passion for empathizing with the needs and behaviors of people, the business, and how to solve them through design.
Interaction Designer responsibilities:
Breakdown of day-to-day focus
- 80-85% of the day will be spent doing the design work !
- 15-20% Attending team meetings that happen every other Monday, Wednesdays attend & participate in 2 hour design review
- For your specific project, you will meet multiple times a week with the cross functional team
Interaction Level with team: this is a very collaborative and interactive role + some interaction with external stakeholders
- This team releases quite regularly. They work in rapid short cycles. There is a very robust AB testing (put out multiple designs and can see what is working). This is very rich with user experience. This is a very relatable space that impact millions of people
- Partners with design, engineering and product management team members in the execution and delivery of successful products and services, using a customer-focused, iterative design process
- Contributes to planning and estimating work and participates in broader work stream coordination and expectation setting
- Creates high quality deliverables and executes based on UX goals and priorities without prescriptive guidance or direction, managing his/her own work to a larger schedule
- Leverages, fosters and extends the use of established UX techniques, templates, presentations, and assets in the creation of UX analysis, solutions, and materials
- Creates opportunities to foster collaborative cross-discipline dynamics
- Has a thorough understanding of UX methodology and lifecycle across key channels and platforms.
- Customer-focused, with experience using design research methods to uncover customer insights
- Effectively operates within an iterative design team, managing UX responsibilities against defined milestones and plan with little day-to-day oversight.
- Knowledge of key channels and platforms, with experience in areas of mobile, portable, dedicated, web, or native mobile design.
- Experience with resources such as; pattern library, repositories, and internal communication tools.
- Solid expertise in design software applications including Adobe suite, Sketch, InVision and Zeplin
- Experience with Framer a plus
- Degrees or Certifications: Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in the study of design including one of the following; Design, Information Architecture, Human Factors or equivalent project/portfolio experience.
Performance indicators: How will success be measured?
- Quality and speed of their design work
- Satisfaction from the product manager and developers they work with
- Ability to collaborate, take input/feedback and iterate on the designs
- Ability to conduct user testing and incorporate customer input into design decisions
- Ability to articulate rationale behind design decisions
- Meeting deadlines on time, delivering specs efficiently and meeting the expectations of the team
About our client:
- Exciting company that is a disruptor in the financial service arena
- They are always looking for the best and brightest talent to join the organization to continue to help them innovate
- Great culture of collaboration and support career growth
Freelancing long-term with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health & dental benefits after your first (4) weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k), access to FSA Program; direct deposit for your paycheck; access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Free online courses via Aquent’s Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com
- AQUENT support: your AQUENT Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you’re happy and progressing according to your expectations (we’re also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you’re close to wrapping up)
Background check required