AQUENT is seeking an Interaction Designer for our large fin-tech client located in Timonium, Maryland - just North of Baltimore, Maryland. This position sits on the UX Design team and supports the client’s credit organization. This role is an onsite, 40-hour-a-week assignment through the end of 2020 with potential to extend. AQUENT offers a W2 hourly pay rate + benefits, 401k, dental, vision and more!
For quick apply, send your portfolio directly to Chelsea Caudill - email@example.com - with subject line "Maryland - Interaction Designer".
Interaction Designer required skills:
- 4 years of professional design experience
- High-quality interaction design
- High-end visual design skills
- Ability to use design software to create design prototypes and specs documents
- Personality and skill-set to thrive in a fast paced work environment that requires strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction
- Aptitude for team collaboration and open communication
- Passion for empathizing with the needs and behaviors of people, the business, and how to solve them through design.
Interaction Designer responsibilities:
Breakdown of day-to-day focus
- 80-85% of the day will be spent doing the design work !
- 15-20% Attending team meetings that happen every other Monday, Wednesdays attend & participate in 2 hour design review
- For your specific project, you will meet multiple times a week with the cross functional team
Interaction Level with team: this is a very collaborative and interactive role + some interaction with external stakeholders
- This team releases quite regularly. They work in rapid short cycles. There is a very robust AB testing (put out multiple designs and can see what is working). This is very rich with user experience. This is a very relatable space that impact millions of people
- Partners with design, engineering and product management team members in the execution and delivery of successful products and services, using a customer-focused, iterative design process
- Contributes to planning and estimating work and participates in broader work stream coordination and expectation setting
- Creates high quality deliverables and executes based on UX goals and priorities without prescriptive guidance or direction, managing his/her own work to a larger schedule
- Leverages, fosters and extends the use of established UX techniques, templates, presentations, and assets in the creation of UX analysis, solutions, and materials
- Creates opportunities to foster collaborative cross-discipline dynamics
- Has a thorough understanding of UX methodology and lifecycle across key channels and platforms.
- Customer-focused, with experience using design research methods to uncover customer insights
- Effectively operates within an iterative design team, managing UX responsibilities against defined milestones and plan with little day-to-day oversight.
- Knowledge of key channels and platforms, with experience in areas of mobile, portable, dedicated, web, or native mobile design.
- Experience with resources such as; pattern library, repositories, and internal communication tools.
- Solid expertise in design software applications including Adobe suite, Sketch, InVision and Zeplin
- Experience with Framer a plus
- Degrees or Certifications: Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in the study of design including one of the following; Design, Information Architecture, Human Factors or equivalent project/portfolio experience.
Performance indicators: How will success be measured?
- Quality and speed of their design work
- Satisfaction from the product manager and developers they work with
- Ability to collaborate, take input/feedback and iterate on the designs
- Ability to conduct user testing and incorporate customer input into design decisions
- Ability to articulate rationale behind design decisions
- Meeting deadlines on time, delivering specs efficiently and meeting the expectations of the team