*MUST HAVE SHOPPER MARKETING EXPERIENCE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE.
**POSITION CAN BE REMOTE
The Customer/ Shopper Marketing Manager (CSMM) is responsible for the achievement of specific sales & brand objectives within Strategic accounts. These accounts will include a variety of National and regional accounts. The CSMM represents the entire portfolio (lens, lens care and general eye care) and is accountable for all of the marketing and customer joint business planning activities within the above mentioned accounts including identification of customer insights through development of customer growth strategies.
Routine customer interactions will include the following:
- Developing world-class, customer-specific product/program launches.
- Developing and executing customer business plans in line with the client's Vision Care
- Incorporating brand initiatives into customized customer executions
- Devising out of the box marketing programs to meet specific customer needs
- C-suite presentations of category/brand/shopper insights & analysis
- Acting as lead shopper/ customer marketing contact for all customers
- Assisting with the internal annual planning process
- Managing customer annual co-op budgets
- Establishing and enforcing co-marketing program guardrails
- Ensuring flawless execution and post-initiative analysis of program results. This work is typically shared with the customers’ marketing managers as well as their senior management
Internal interactions will include aligning with the Brand Marketing teams and appropriate support teams (e.g. Marketing Communications, Marketing Operations, Finance, Sales, Sales Operations, legal, compliance, etc.) and assisting the Optical Chains and OTC trade team and Director of Customer and Shopper Marketing in developing customer-specific strategies, marketing plans, and initiatives.
- Drives our client's Marketing strategy with all assigned customers:
- Build executable marketing programs
- Devise joint business planning efforts within these Accounts and with brand marketing
- Develop and present situation assessment (insights and business analysis), Strategy & Tactics Overview, action plans, annual customer planning calendars, key strategies and tactics for all assigned customers.
- Tactical Execution - Key Owner of promotional program development and execution within assigned customers:
- Lead the development of customer-specific promotional programs which are consistent with market needs, brand and customer strategies
- Incorporate customer needs into brand program architectures and help gain alignment for the plans across all brand and key stakeholders
- Work with respective members of key accounts to prioritize marketing initiatives
- Ensure various internal partners understand the retail environment and specific customer needs and opportunities
- Develop working relationships with key external customer marketing departments and senior leadership
- Assist OTC Trade team, Executive Sales Director, Key Acct Directors and customers in determining the business rationale for the amount of Co-Op funding required within each customer and then managing the final budget
- Propose program spending approvals based on ROIs and/or strategic alignment between our client and each customer
- Consumer Insights within Each Customer
- Develop a unique market position by leveraging category and shopper insights
- Ensure Executive Sales Director, Acct Directors and the customers have a deep understanding of category and shopper insights, and how to leverage those insights to grow the business for them
- Develop/prioritize “test & learn” opportunities for investment prior to large-scale implementation of Customer Marketing programs
- Determine specific growth opportunities / risks based on brand positioning and competitive activities