** THIS IS NOT AN APPAREL DESIGN ROLE **
** TEXTILE DESIGNERS ONLY **
As an Assistant Textile CAD Designer, you will be responsible for:
* Implementing Graphic Designs and print Designs that meet brand aesthetic and seasonal direction.
* Conducting ongoing print and graphic trend research
* Attending relevant print, graphic design, and art shows/events
* Preparing all technical art pitch sheets for release to vendors and mills and helps work of supporting team members to ensure consistency of all art packages.
* Supporting the Design and Merchandising team in the preparation of all graphic and print CADs for seasonal line sheets and sales tools.
This position requires:
* Exceptional attention to detail, proactive communication, and eagerness to work within a fast-paced cross-functional team.
* Ability to work hand in hand with the Design Director, print and pattern designer, graphic/print design assistant, and design team to create innovative, on-brand creative artwork
* A can-do attitude with strong communication skills and excellent organizational skills.
* The ability to juggle multiple projects while paying close attention to detail and executing design is essential.
Other Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Research print and graphic market and report on trends seasonally
• Stay current with print and graphic techniques and work with developers and vendors to test new methods
• Create, develop and gain approval for seasonal print and graphic concepts
• Create original textile designs, prints, graphics and embroidery patterns seasonally
• Interpret, manipulate, revise and adjust purchased studio artwork and freelance design artwork to meet aesthetic design objectives.
• Provide Design and Merchandising team with multiple print and graphic layouts, scale and colorway options for final assortment selection
• Work with designers to establish desired garment placement
• Prepare and coordinate all artwork inclusive of mill & pitch sheets, vector art files, repeat, layout, scale and technique references for release to vendors
• Maintain print and graphic reference library and historical archives
• Provide and update artwork CADs for line sheets, seasonal workbooks and other presentations
• Support designers in creation of visual tools for sales meetings, seasonal kick-off meetings, pre-lines or in-house dealer presentations
• Assist the Design and Product Development team with any illustrations required for vendor manuals, measurement guides and other reference materials
• Assist Marketing team on various design/graphic needs when necessary
• Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. Must be well versed with textile design in these programs specifically.
• MS Office Skills – Basic/Average skill set for calendars, email and some Excel
• Need to have a Textile background vs Apparel (building and creating any textile, repeat prints (plaid, floral) for an all over print. This work is typically done in Illustrator.)
• Assisting our current textile designer + our senior graphic designer + and design team as a whole
• Will be working with Men’s & Women’s Apparel, Graphics and Accessories