- Mid-town Manhattan, NY
- W2, Hourly - depends on experience
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Kimberley Strayer
Our client, a leading Fortune 500 Health Services company, is looking for a User Experience Designer in their Data & Analytics (D&A) organization. In this role, you’ll be a key member of their innovation and machine learning lab, solving complicated problems through simple designs. You’ll contribute to their product strategy, design culture, and build meaningful tools to improve insurance and healthcare for millions of people.
In this role, you’ll collaborate closely with internal business owners, developers, data scientists, and other designers to create powerful but elegant products that deliver key insights to the people who need them. You’ll conduct user research, design wireframes, build and test prototypes, and do some light visual design.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Understand the needs of business users and translate those needs into actionable requirements
- Work in an Agile environment to innovate quickly on big, outside-of-the-box ideas
- Conduct user research, including testing and analytics
- Present and justify design thinking and rationale through key milestone deliverables to peers and stakeholders
- Delivery and seek feedback on comps, wireframes, prototypes to drive UX innovation and implementation
Our national insurance industry client practices what it preaches, and has a strong health and wellness focus as part of their company culture. As a part of their organization, even as a freelancer, you can expect to be included in that culture!
What else can you expect from this organization?
As a congenial and collaborative culture, they’ll welcome you as an equal contributor, and value your opinion when it comes to creative and marketing project creation and delivery.
They’re fully committed to an Agile environment, adopting and utilizing standard Agile practices daily.
These folks are committed to getting it right, and as such, are quite focused on metrics and ROI. “Measure twice, cut once” is a common phrase that could possibly apply to their project teams. That’s why they value candidates with previous knowledge and experience in designing & managing to drive metrics, and have a keen eye for those with insurance industry experience.
This is very much a matrixed organization, so bring your A-game and communication skills! You’ll be networking with any number of stakeholders related to your creative and marketing projects.
Being a larger corporation, the meeting schedule is sometimes heavy. With a strong ability to stay organized and focused on your deliverable, you’ll thrive here!
Certain locations benefit from on-site fitness center facilities, Starbucks, and free parking. Our advice? Bring your walking shoes! Your day has a built in mini-workout. Parking in the CT facility tends to be a bit of a walk from the (very large!) main building, but that will make your fitness tracker happy!
Benefits for Consultants
Aquent talent are eligible for a generous health-and-wellness package.
Our plan includes: Medical Insurance Aquent offers access to comprehensive In and Out of Network plans, with contributions toward monthly premiums and often with eligibility within two months of starting work. Retirement Savings Plan Aquent offers a 401(k) plan, managed by a leader in the retirement field, with immediate vesting.
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Professional training
- Discounts and Perks
- 5 years’ experience working in UX/Product Design, experience designing enterprise or data-heavy applications preferred.
- Experience with Sketch, Figma, or Adobe XD
- Experience delivering and iterating on creative solutions
- Ability to think creatively and ask questions
- Ability to communicate at various levels within large organizations
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- Ability to understand and communicate business needs and requirements, especially understanding what users truly need vs. what they believe they need
- Knowledge and/or experience with Health care information domains a plus
- Experience with Dashboards or Infographics a plus
- Bachelors degree in UX/UI, Design, or related field.
Successful talent will be required to pass a drug test and background check prior to starting.