As a UX Researcher on the User Experience (UX) Team, you will be focused on driving holistic, human-centered solutions across a wide range of projects. You will be responsible for helping the business identify and define problems and opportunities, prioritize and set direction, and give definition around abstract concepts – moving from vision to action.
Using your expertise in user-centered research methodologies, particularly generative and exploratory, you will provide thought leadership and partner closely with clients as you plan, develop and execute research and deliver actionable insights.
You should be passionate about defining problems, creating experiences that help people, and being a tireless advocate for the end user while also cultivating that same passion in your fellow UX team members and inspiring them to deliver the same high-quality work.
UX Researcher Responsibilities:
- Support delivery of User Experience Team deliverables and methodologies to ensure they align with and meet business and user goals.
- Participate in planning, research, client presentations, workshops, and discussions.
- Use critical thinking techniques to move thoughts and discussions from broad to specific.
- Communicate experience principles to all parts of the business and apply these principles to your rationale.
- Clearly understand the business space, audiences and phases in the customer journey.
- Champion a customer experience approach, when appropriate, to better understand how digital experiences can support and enhance cross channel experiences.
- Help define specific product features by integrating inputs from a wide range of sources including qualitative and quantitative research.
- Discover insights across industries and categories that drive our clients to success.
- Influence the direction and quality of work via thought leadership and mentoring.
UX Researcher Required Experience:
- Seeking candidates with 3+ years of experience in synthesizing and evangelizing complex research studies, user experience design and/or related field.
- Business strategy – collaboratively work with clients to identify and frame the business problem/challenge and connect business objectives to actionable customer insights.
- Insight – ability to “read between the lines” and distill disparate sources of information into a clear, inspiring story rich with insights.
- A portfolio and/or case studies.
- Ideal candidate will be able to discuss past research projects and share deliverables.
- Storytelling deliverables such as experience strategies, journey maps, and opportunity roadmaps are desirable.
- Facilitation – establish valued and trusted relationships across departments; facilitate a collaborative process, internally and externally, while keeping the customer experience at the heart of the process.
- Align stakeholders across multiple operational functions toward a common vision.