Digital Designer Adobe Xd - Retail Apparel
Client is looking for a Designer to join the BX (Brand Experience) Design Team—a team dedicated to innovation across our website and mobile app, making the conceptual work that we create for the future of a actionable through our teams and systems by way of a Design System.
This position will serve to establish Adobe Xd Templates from key core components and assist in realizing the migration from Adobe Photoshop to Adobe Xd for digital assets.
This position will help to leverage Adobe’s Creative Cloud to find new and innovative ways of working cross-collaboratively and bicoastly, across both the New York and San Francisco BX and UX teams.
An understanding of good design and optimal user experience is a must, but a core focus is ensuring the brand is upheld through digital assets and documented as new rules and best practices in both output and way of working are established. Hence, you’ll be responsible for shaping the tools and standards that we use to build the next iteration of great experiences.
Using your knowledge of product design, systems thinking and platform best practices, you’ll help us create a consistent and predictable look and feel for the team across our digital products, maintaining a high bar for quality with respect to both usability and accessibility.
You will help the organization adopt best practices in design by thoroughly understanding responsive design and how to treat both type and elements at each breakpoint.
- A self-starter that proactively identifies areas of improvement in our processes and procedures.
- Positive and passionate, you love what you do and know how to turn problems into opportunities.
- An advocate for consistency with enough flexibility to accommodate critique and change.
- Able to be a key player on a small but mighty team making a huge impact.
- Naturally good taste and are interested in continuing to grow and hone your craft.
- An eye for identifying common design patterns through web and app platforms and an understanding of how to implement these patterns into our Design System.
- An understanding of accessibility and usability.
- Excellent presentation, communication and documentation skills, able to clearly articulate design rationale and goals.
- Patience in understanding the timeline it takes to affect an established brand and organization at this scale.
- The value in cross-functional collaboration and can clearly communicate our design system to team members, stakeholders and ultimately translate it to our customers.
- Translate product design from concept to components, making it executable in process for our design and development teams–knowing nothing is really ever final as it’s constantly evolving.
- Evolve our shared library of components, patterns, templates and icons with Cloud Libraries in both Sketch and Adobe Xd, along with the development of Sticker Sheets and Templates in these tools as well.
- Conceptualize the best method to house and share content (across Sketch, Adobe Xd, Cloud Libraries and more) to be integrated into our workflow and systems for both Content Designers, UX Designers and Developers for both our responsive website and our mobile app (iOS and Android).
- Develop documentation both in print and web-based format to serve both our internal users (Content Designers, UX Designers, Developers, Product Development Managers) and external users (3rd Party Brand Vendors) to ensure that our Design System is effective and that users get the most out of our system.
- Bachelors degree in Graphic Design or related field
- Retail experience preferred
- At least 5 years of design experience on an in-house design team or at an agency, with some emphasis on or experience with product design
- Ability to take a project from ideation to completion
- Strong, clean visual design sense
- Thinks in terms of design systems and makes rational and logical design decisions
- Ability to communicate and collaborate on cross-functional bi-coastal teams
- Both autonomous and collaborative, they will be working with multiple stakeholders across different functions.
Senior level knowledge of:
- Website Enhancements and UI/UX design (User flows, wireframes, and prototyping)
- Design fundamentals, responsive breakpoints, and basic HTML/CSS
- Mac OS: Sketch, Adobe CC Design Apps (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Xd), InVision, Microsoft Office 365
- Sketch, Adobe XD, Invision, (Bonus points: Principle)
Strong Candidates will likely have some examples of:
- Prior Design System (or related) work such as developing, maintaining, or utilizing: brand standards, style guides, component design, modular libraries or toolkits.
- Well-documented and clearly presented case studies highlighting comprehensive research, component/site audits, competitive analysis, and concise writing ability.
- Decisions that demonstrate strong considerations of accessibility standards, platform best practices, and/or adherence to brand guidelines or themes.