Our innovative Fortune 500 client is seeking a Lead UX Product Designer for a long term freelance engagement in their highly creative and growing in-house agency design team. If you have an passionate entrepreneurial spirit with a desire to work with a globally recognized brand, who is implementing a major User Experience refresh, this career defining opportunity is for you.
This role is onsite in Newark, NJ, 6 months with the opportunity to extend, there is an opportunity to work from home a few days a week after you get ramped up, healthcare benefits provided as well as 5 paid sick days, 401k, FlexSpend, more.
What You Will Do:
- As Lead UX Product Designer, you will share your leadership and design skills with a multidisciplinary team, alongside researchers, experience designers, visual designers and developers, to deliver word-class, human-centered products and services. Your role will be to analyze, plan, map, and create the most valuable and contextually accurate UX experiences that are simple, and intuitive for client customers to use. Not only will you be excited by the challenge of creating great products across multiple channels, devices, and platforms, but you will also be able to see and own the end-to end journey as well as the detailed outcomes.
- As an expert in your field, you will also understand customer needs and identify where separate interactions should come together (e.g. video, apps, web, more), and look for commonalities across experiences where new product opportunities could be realized.
- Understand the core Human Centered Design framework of an experience and design targeted improvements that accommodates new and improved process refinements, create and rapidly iterate interactive prototypes in accordance with task, scenario and journey, identify and design new cross-functional design patterns, and put forward new cases for designs improvements with product managers
- Communicate with detailed design and industry backed decisions and be able to represent all experience touch-points
- Run and lead design thinking, Lean Business Canvas Workshops, design sprints and all other collaborative activities and play an active part in the design recruitment and selection process
- Analyze failure within existing experiences and identify root causes for that failure and identify opportunities for cost reduction and process improvement within existing services
- Create clear, compelling and cohesive presentations that frame context with emotion and need, so audiences can be taken on an informative, self-guided journey
- Influence experience quality— tie a design to a strategic initiative and across multiple business domains and dDrive inquisitive thinking, exploration and investigation with customers and stakeholders.
What You Need:
- 6+ years in a Product Design, UX or equivalent design role with a combination of agency and corporate environment experience
- A design related degree or relevant experience in designing products and services
- Experience with the following: Sketching, Wire-framing, Prototyping, Site-mapping, Data Visualization and Communication, Workshop Facilitation & Presentation, Visual User Interface Design, User Flows, Research, Testing, Experience Strategy, Adobe CC, Keynote, Flinto, InVision, Realtimeboard
- Demonstrable experience of explaining design ideas and concepts in a way that people of different backgrounds can understand and experience of how to interpret qualitative and quantitate research
- Solid understanding of Information Architecture, taxonomy, and content matrixes
- Experience leading senior and executive teams across business multiple business units
- Helping colleagues and coach more junior designers
- Experience assessing front-end and back-end technology integration and enablement
- Experience working in lean and or agile environments
What is it like working with AQUENT? I’m glad you asked! Freelancing long-term with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
- Subsidized health & dental benefits after your first (4) weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k), access to FSA Program; direct deposit for your paycheck; access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Free online courses via Aquent’s Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com
- AQUENT support: your AQUENT Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you’re happy and progressing according to your expectations (we’re also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you’re close to wrapping up)
That’s it! The rest is up to you, if you are interested in this amazing opportunity please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com