Our Energy industry client in Rosemead, CA is seeking a Sr. Instructional Designer to join a training team that is rolling out new training technologies and processes to the Operations area. The candidate will be responsible for the training design, development and delivery of instructor-led training and eLearning
Primary responsibilities include coordinating, planning, developing, implementing, and assessing training programs and services as follows:
- Coordinate activities associated with delivery of learning curriculum from needs assessment through concept, pilot, implementation and evaluation.
- Provide administrative support to key offerings associated with the corporate workforce development initiative.
- Foster key relationships with HR, TAI, managers, leaders, and senior leaders corporate wide to collaboratively assess and support workforce development.
- Schedule courses; establish/maintain relationships with internal SMEs and external vendors; meet and support SMEs/Vendors on the day of course offerings; assist participants
- Provide detailed operational and logistic support to OE training functions
- Analyze course effectiveness based on observations/student feedback; recommend changes
- Develop blended learning solutions using Adobe, Acrobat, InDesign, Photoshop, Captivate, Flash, Dreamweaver, Articulate, Presenter, Engage, Quizmaker, SnagIt, web conferencing technology, or similar applications
- Provide detailed operational and logistical support to OE training and learning functions
- Prepare, organize, edit course material; ensure compliance with corporate/security standards
- Ensure sufficient number of course participants by advertising the class as needed
- Effectively operate classroom technology to support classes, webinars, and meetings
- Proactively identify, develop and help lead improvements to ensure effective and efficient processes
- Edit courseware as needed
- Keep abreast of training industry best practices, along with computing and IT skills, to make recommendations for improvement and apply Aerospace IT
- Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with colleagues, vendors, and procurement
- Seek opportunities to bring work unit or cross-functional teams together to share information and solve problems
- May train and mentor others in work process and procedures
- Up to 20% travel may be required
Ideal candiddates will possess:
- Bachelor's Degree in Education, Instructional Design, Business or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- 7+ seven years of experience developing and/or delivering training.
- 2+ years of experience as an instructional designer with a large corporate company
- Demonstrated ability to communicate both technical and non-technical material in an readily understandable manner.
- Solid comprehension of project management concepts and application.
- Advanced skills in Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate and MS Office,
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.Ability to work well alone as well as in teams and demonstrate emotional intelligence along with the ability to work well despite challenging and ambiguous conditions (e.g., when all information needed to develop training is not available or when developing training for groundbreaking technology).