• Contribute to the design of desirable products and user interfaces, developing personas, customer journey maps, conceptual diagrams, wireframes, prototypes, in a team environment
• Drive the 3 design projects through all phases, from user research and exploratory mockups to design reviews, delivery, and usability testing.
• Work on user research to obtain in-depth knowledge from Sellers around the world (China, Japan, EU, emerging markets) and usable insights about current and future seller behaviors and expectations.
• Collaborate and communicate effectively within cross-functional teams that span design, product, engineering, and management.
• 5+ years of industry experience in product, web, and mobile UX design.
• BA/BS degree in graphic design, HCI, interaction design, or related field. May be substituted with significant industry experience and accomplishments.
• Portfolio of shipped work demonstrating impactful principal design work and leadership, with a deep understanding of human-centered design principles.
• Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
• Ability to organize, plan, and stay ahead of the work.
• Proficiency in a variety of design tools
• Work must consistently demonstrate a strong aesthetic judgement and training, in addition to exemplary UX skills.
• Proven ability to both deliver a bold vision and iterate quickly on concepts to arrive at an amazing customer experience.
• Experience in a wide range of qualitative and quantitative user research methodologies.
• Excellent writing skills.
• Experience in best practices for information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
• Demonstrated history of acquiring user data (e.g., conducting usability studies, performing user research) and creating personas and journey maps.
• Experience working at large enterprise company, communicating and working stakeholders