Our large, global fintech client seeks a senior-level Product Designer to join our team’s efforts to the company's diverse lines of business into a forward-thinking, innovation-driving, fin-tech organization by enforcing strong Product/Service Strategy, Design, and Development discipline.
Alongside stakeholders, and emerging tech teams (block chain, data science, machine learning, etc.) this team works to create, refine, and deploy products and services that are critical to the users who keep this client at the top of the industry. The tools you design will add value while adding minimal complexity. You will utilize creative design-led techniques to help us break through the industry jargon and bureaucracy and find insights that others can’t. We elevate Design not just to solve users’ problems but also to steer the product’s evolution into a powerful and extensible platform that evolves with along with our clients’ business goals.
Our users are specialists and include high-performance roles like Traders, Analysts, Portfolio Managers, Investment Bankers, Treasurers, and others who are closely involved in core business functions we provide our clients. They have complex, fast-paced, informationally overloaded jobs within a complex industry and so the tools we provide must add value without adding complexity. We use design-led techniques to break through the domain complexity and find insights others can’t. As a firm, we are elevating ‘Design’ not only to solve complex design problems, but also as a catalyst for product and service innovation.
The ideal candidate is, above all, a maker. Successful candidates for this role will have skills across the Product Design discipline but should have a strong sense aesthetics and be comfortable using prototyping tools like Invision to communicate interaction design ideas. The hired candidate will sit within our central design team and closely partner with our Digital Strategy team to craft strategies for various lines of business for both internal and external users. In addition, candidates should have the following skills and interests:
- Expertise at designing highly functional user interfaces;
- Deep understanding of interactivity and its impact on human behavior;
- Proven experience with rapid concepting and designing for complex, innovative, experiences;
- Ability to explain designs with rationale rooted in user needs and business goals;
- Understanding of methods and techniques to ensure the team is solving the right problem;
- Enjoys the multi-disciplinary and collaborative nature of product design & development;
- Is detail-oriented with an appreciation for the value of strong visual aesthetics across everything you create;
- Can translate business problems and requirements into compelling UI’s;
- Is comfortable using design and prototyping skills to rapidly refine the product concept based on user and stakeholder feedback.
- Guide and influence the Product/Service development process by leveraging a command of HCI and Design;
- Both formally and informally uncover user needs and contexts via primary and secondary research techniques and leverage learnings to come up with the big idea;
- Create, present, and document proposed solutions from the big ideas to the smallest components--which might include interaction models and flows, screen and component states, or data and information hierarchies.
Experience and Qualifications
- Foundational education in graphic, industrial, or interaction design or a related degree;
- 6+ more years of work experience; advanced degrees may be considered toward professional experience;
- Demonstrable experience designing rich interactions for desktop, web, hand-held form factors;
- Experience designing applications within complex business domains similar to financial services;
- Track record of successful deliveries and a strong portfolio that highlights both ideas and end-product.