- El Segundo, CA
- Posted By:
- Emily Peel
(Note - This is a LONG TERM contract to hire role with full health benefits and 401K)
The Senior UX Designer will be responsible for overseeing user experience and design aspects of our client's entertainment products. They will be responsible for steering a project from planning to implementation, working alongside stakeholders including product & engineering to ensure the absolute best quality product reaches our users.
Our ideal candidate brings products to life by ensuring each scenario, edge case, and development constraint is well considered on behalf of the users. They dive deep into the problem space and display little fear when brainstorming and iterating solutions. They know the devil is in the details and no problem is too big or too small. Their solutions are supported with sound logic and rationale and they can successfully articulate their designs to various audiences. They have the self-awareness to play to their strengths and work on their weaknesses, not only for themselves but on behalf of the greater product and team.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated self-starter who is eager to help shape their own role and contribution. In return, you will be an integral part of the team, helping to develop, define and grow the processes and design.
- 5+ years of working UX design exp. In-house is preferable but will consider the right candidates coming from agency-side. Years in school or internship experience will not be enough.
- (Website/Online) Portfolio of original and breakthrough work with demonstrated documentation of those experiences.
- Passion for evangelizing designs through strong communication skills and stakeholder management.
- Experience working cross-functionally in an Agile setting with product and engineering.
- Proficiency in UX/UI design tools such as Omnigraffle, Adobe XD & Sketch.
- Prototyping experience with Principal, Flinto, Unity, Framer or Invision.
- Strong attention to detail and proven track record of complete end to end designs.
- Bachelor's degree in human-computer interaction, design, or equivalent degree or professional experience.
- Work experience at a streaming service or video/television platform responsible for one user experience across platforms
- Work experience on a large UX team consisting of Researchers, Interface and Motion Designers, Copy and Developers. Not a one-man-show.
The world loves TV! But the traditional world of video content distribution and consumption is changing dramatically. Our client is leading the way, as a top provider of digital television entertainment services, and backed by one of the world’s largest communication companies, delivering a premium video experience through state-of-the-art technology, and unmatched programming to more than 37 million customers in the U.S. and Latin America.
As a marketer, designer, developer, writer, or manager, if your passion is technology, this is where to look! Our client is innovating ways to bring not only its day-to-day technical products to the consumer, but is also keeping up the way they’re offering them, constantly adapting the standard of their own apps and digital experience. As part of their team, you’d be contributing to that innovation and digital experience, while gaining the experience that comes from working with two major technology brands.
• Utilize user-centered design methodologies to design intuitive and desirable products that incorporates business requirements, customer research findings and user behavior metrics.
• Successfully juggle multiple projects spanning in scale and complexity with hands on experience throughout the process, from user research to implementation with little guidance from supervisors.
• Proficiently produce & deliver comprehensive use cases, wireframes, user flows, prototypes and design specifications.
• Present & iterate design solutions in daily partnership with UI, Motion and Copy, give thoughtful consideration to feedback incorporating your learnings into subsequent iterations of design.
• Advocate for users in fast-pace agile environment with the goal of maintaining a high UX bar while meeting business needs and honoring technical capabilities.
• Operate within a Scaled Agile environment to continuously deliver incremental value to our customers.
• Proactively partner with UX research in all phases of design to understand our users, interpret data, validate designs and iterate with precision so that designs accurately reflect and incorporate user feedback.
• Develop and maintain detailed UX design specifications and patterns. Help evolve our deliveries while reinforcing consistent design patterns for reusable, systematic design.
• Create multiple insight driven solutions to the same problem that range in scale to solve for immediate experience needs while building toward an ideal future vision.