Social Media Manager
This is a full-time permanent/direct hire position, on-site in Los Angeles.
This Social Media Marketing Manager will create, oversee and optimize the Social Media campaigns for our client, a global medical device company.
B2B experience required
7+ years digital marketing experience and minimum of 3-4 years social media marketing experience required
Pharma, medical device or biotech experience preferred.
- Champion and amplify the company story across their social media channels
- Develop social media campaigns and community management strategies and execute on them
- Create and source visual content in conjunction with agency and marketing communications team (photo, video, gifs)
- Use channel insights to develop and refine content strategy
- Manage weekly / monthly content calendars
- Track key performance metrics and report on them monthly
- Interpret social media insights using social listening tools to maximize engagement and make data-backed recommendations
- Proactively identify opportunities to communicate stories of interest from across the company or industry on our social channels
- Keep ahead of and communicate industry specific social media trends
- Directly manage 1 employee
- Manage day to day relationship with the outside advertising agency
- Interface with marketing communications team locally and social media manager globally.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of social media experience managing multiple products, ideally within the healthcare, medical device industry understanding FDA social media guidance or B2B experience.
- Experience developing innovative ideas, viral B2B social media campaigns and content that resonates for channels including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn
- Strong understanding and skill with paid social
- Strong writing and editorial skills
- Strong analytical skills and proven record of measuring and analyzing results. Ability to set up reporting metrics and report on them monthly.
- Quick learner with good judgment who can be nimble and work independently while ensuring strong communication locally and globally.
- Resourceful in gathering information from across the organization and working with varying stakeholders both locally and globally.
- Comfortable multi-tasking
- Extremely organized with strong attention to detail
- Strong experience with social media management and monitoring tools, including CrimsonHexagon, HootSuite, Falcon.io as well as other similar tools
- Proactive, driven, detail-oriented, intuitive and creative individual with strong organizational skills and the ability to balance multiple priorities simultaneously
- Able to take direction from marketing teams, corporate headquarters inclusive of maintaining corporate brand identity guidelines and working global content into local content calendar.