- San Francisco
- Posted By:
- Jessica Grenier
A San Francisco based Fortune 500 American clothing and accessories retailing company is looking for a contract Brand Marketing Director to lead the omni-channel seasonal marketing strategy, planning and execution for the Girl brand. This person ensures that the big brand and product ideas are powerfully brought to life across all major brand touchpoints, in order to grow brand awareness, acquire new customers, drive traffic/conversion and deepen the emptional connection consumers experience with our Girl brand.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead the omni-channel seasonal marketing strategy, planning and implementation, ensuring that the brand and product ideas are powerfully brought to life across all major brand touchpoints
• Play an integral role in identifying big brand and product ideas for every season and brief into omni-channel marketing and creative team
• Lead seasonal omni-channel hind-sighting and competitive analyses to inform seasonal marketing strategies
• Partner with customer insights team to inform seasonal marketing strategies
• Support Senior Director in overseeing omni-channel marketing team in bringing the big seasonal ideas to life in a powerful, differentiating and emotionally engaging way across all brand touchpoints
• Develop brief for and oversee seasonal campaign/theme activations, seasonal product naming and packaging requests
• Partner with creative team to develop seasonal marketing creative that is on brand, meets messaging objectives and delivers impact
• Present seasonal marketing strategies and plans to cross functional partners and senior leadership team to garner buy in and obtain approvals
• Create executive-level brand marketing results updates (i.e. “brand marketing dashboard”)
• Support Senior Director on brand growth initiatives and special projects
WHO YOU ARE
• Brand marketing strategy and planning experience with fashion/apparel, consumer brand and/or marketing agency
• Knowledge of the Sports/Fitness/Outdoor industry, athletic experience or interest a plus
• Omni-channel brand marketing experience with a strong understanding of digital
• Excellent brand marketing strategy development and execution experience and skills with proven track record of driving strong business results
• Ability to translate product, trend and merchandising information/strategies into marketable product messages
• Desire to build a brand and aptitude for original, creative ideas; open-minded to new approaches
• Strong promotional/traffic-driving ideation/concepting skills
• Strong leadership and collaboration skills and ability to form effective partnerships across cross-functional teams
• Strong leadership skills, detail-oriented, organized and self-motivated
• Solutions first, creative problem solver.
• High comfort level with and ability to powerfully present / garner buy in from senior leadership team
• Experience with creative development and effectively briefing in and working with creative teams
• Strong verbal, written communications and presentation skills
• Strong project management skills, including demonstrated track record in managing complex projects
• Comfortable with operating in a fast-paced environment and dealing with ambiguity
• Proficient in Macintosh Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint and Teams
• BA required
***Strong generalist/strategist who has experience in brand marketing!!***
Our Client is an Fortune 500 Apparel Retailer that has grown from a single store to a global business throughout its 46 year run!
Talent placed here are given the autonomy to be hands-on decision makers from day one. The company's leadership assumes a supportive role and applies a collaborative management style, offering the guidance and insight to help transform your suggestions into strategies.
This is an environment where co-workers are constantly challenging each other to learn and grow in their roles every day, which energizes the office, and creates forward motion, both on a personal level, and as a company. They’re experimenting with their digital reach, using tech as a catalyst for industry change - both online and in stores. With such robust focus and investment on innovation, employees have the opportunity to directly contribute to the changing landscape of the retail world!
The company culture here is one of relaxed, inclusive community with an ever-present focus on learning and development - both for the individual team member as well as the projects and initiatives that are driving the company forward. And, with tons of cool volunteering opportunities and initiatives, employees have the chance to become influential community leaders as they work for positive change.