This career defining, long-term, one year, freelance role as Web Developer for Accessibility is onsite in NYC (1 NY Plaza), 40 hours a week, healthcare benefits provided, 401K, 5 paid sick days, more.
"Web Accessibility" means enabling as many people as possible to use Web sites, even when those people's abilities may be limited. For many people, technology makes things easier. For people with disabilities, technology makes things possible. Accessibility means developing content to be as accessible as possible no matter an individual's physical and cognitive abilities and no matter how they access the web.
We welcome you to be part of our client’s growing UX Technology Team who are looking for an expert to be an influential voice in the future and be a part of a growing team that’s making a big impact in Wealth Management.
What You Will Do:
- As a Web Developer for Accessibility you will work closely with UX Design Teams in implementing accessible UI components and focus on developing client-facing websites and mobile applications with priorities that are stability, user experience, performance, team culture, and clean code. .
- Be a subject matter expert in accessibility and coach other dev teams on best practices
- Analyze websites and mobile apps for compliance using manual testing, automated tools
- Fix or rewrite code in websites and mobile apps to be accessible, code, conduct code reviews, and test software as needed
What You Need:
- 7+ years of experience building responsive websites
- You will have leadership skills with the ability to influence and collaborate with all of the client’s Technology's 80 people team
- Must be able to code and to perform this role at a strategic level
- Expertise in web and mobile accessibility, including WCAG 2.1 and WAI-ARIA guidelines
- Experience with screen reader software (JAWS, VoiceOver, NVDA), experience in remediating accessibility issues in websites, mobile applications, and PDF documents
- Attention to detail, with the ability to reproduce a visual design exactly using CSS and HTML
- Experience with Angular, TypeScript, and SCSS
What is it like working with Aquent?
I’m glad you asked! Freelancing long-term with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
- Subsidized health and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs./wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k), access to FSA Program; direct deposit for your paycheck
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!); free online courses via Aquent's
Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)
That’s it! The rest is up to you, if you are interested in this amazing opportunity please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com