- New York
- Job Terms:
- up to $55/hr DOE! + BENEFITS
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Becky Morrissey
Aquent Studios is looking to add a Design Integration Manager to our team!
This is an exciting opportunity to support the work for an amazing CPG company that boasts sales in over 200 countries worldwide!
The Design Integration Manager manages the process / creation of Master Bundles and is the bridge between the Global Brand Design team and Artwork teams within our client's Global Design and Packaging team. This role reports to the category Brand Design Director. In this role you will drive the bridge between the Design Creation Phase and Packaging Artwork phase – the output into packaging development.
GD&P is the team responsible for the design systems and packaging execution of our clients global portfolio of products, which are found in 75% of every home in the world. Theyhave over 20 brands in four categories and create the brand expression (product and package design, digital, video and photo production) for all of their brands.
- Drive the Design Integration Process –The Bridge between the Design Creation Phase and Packaging Artwork phase – the output, which results in a Master Bundle being uploaded into BEAT, to begin our Execution Phase. (Production person between Design Team & Design Execution Manager)
- You are expected to assess each project’s objectives and develop the best strategic workflow for Packaging Artwork efficiency and success.
- Ensure the seamless transition of finalized Adaption design/templates to the Artwork execution process. Including color standards, image rights and type licensing.
- Support the development and implementation of a globally integrated packaging design-to-print process.
- Partner with Design Managers, Design Execution Manager, and External Partners [Design Agencies, Comp Providers, & Print Suppliers] for seamless development and execution of packaging design Master Bundles including stakeholder communication throughout the project life cycle.
- Partner with third party agencies (Adaptive Design Agencies, Regional Artwork providers & Coordinators) to plan and execute projects.
- Lead Design/Artwork Pre-Release Feasibility Meeting with GD&P Brand Design Managers, Design Execution Manager, Design agencies and Comp House, ensuring development of design expectations prior to design lock / handoff.
- Attend Pre-Production meetings with GD&P On-Site Artwork Providers, Design Execution Manager and Colgate Print Suppliers. Review of all Project Design Files to ensure printability of design intent during final print production review. Ensure all final files are built to print supplier specifications for type of print process prior to handoff.
- Plan & coordinate execution activities with both internal on-site studio & external production agencies the status / forecasting, and meetings with artwork managers.
- Communicate project status & timing to key business partners.
- Support the roll out of a global print color management program.
- Maintain communication with divisions; manage and communicate updated standards and packaging guidelines.
- Troubleshoot artwork, prepress, & printing issues as needed as SME/Resource.
AQUENT STUDIOS: Why work with us?
- Long term career opportunities supporting Fortune 500 brands
- Comprehensive health and dental insurance subsidized
- Paid weekly
- 401(k) through Fidelity
- FSA's and Voluntary insurance programs
- Access to free training and continuing education
- 7+ years experience with Packaging design systems (esp. Packaging adaptation projects)
- Project management excellence
- Knowledge of the consumer product industry preferred
- Excellent communication (verbal & written), strong interpersonal and team facilitation skills are required