- El Segundo, CA
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Emily Peel
Jr. User Experience Design Researcher - Contract to Hire. This is a long term opportunity with full health benefits, and 401k options.
The candidate must be a strategic, independent, self-motivated, creative and professional researcher capable of executing a broad array of design research methods with an emphasis on
downstream usability evaluations. The candidate should be able to effectively advocate for the needs of users and influence business decisions by synthesizing research results with market trends and competitive insights relevant to the business context.
- Lead a human-centered design process to create high quality user experiences
- Develops user experience research plans, collects data, moderates design testing sessions, facilitates workshops with internal and external stakeholders, and delivers research reports based on an understanding of how to interpret design principles and standards to evaluate effective designs.
- Advocate for the needs of our users at all levels of the organization
- Communicate research results in an effective and compelling manner that influences decisions
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- 1-3 years’ experience leading design research efforts across the complete product development lifecycle of at least 1 successfully launched product or service
- BA or BS in psychology, HCI social science or related area
- Advanced degree in Human Factors, HCI, cognitive psychology, or related area is a plus
- Advanced statistical analysis skills are a plus
- Candidate must have examples of how they applied research experience to influence decisions at various points in the product development lifecycle
- Must demonstrate strong research skills, including research design, study moderation, and qualitative/quantitative analysis
- Must be able to collaborate actively as part of a cross-functional project team
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must have strong analytical and personal leadership skills
- Must be organized, able to act independently, and able to switch rapidly between different projects in a fast-paced environment
- Works well under pressure and able to meet aggressive deadlines
The world loves TV! But the traditional world of video content distribution and consumption is changing dramatically. Our client is leading the way, as a top provider of digital television entertainment services, and backed by one of the world’s largest communication companies, delivering a premium video experience through state-of-the-art technology, and unmatched programming to more than 37 million customers in the U.S. and Latin America.
As a marketer, designer, developer, writer, or manager, if your passion is technology, this is where to look! Our client is innovating ways to bring not only its day-to-day technical products to the consumer, but is also keeping up the way they’re offering them, constantly adapting the standard of their own apps and digital experience. As part of their team, you’d be contributing to that innovation and digital experience, while gaining the experience that comes from working with two major technology brands.