This is an important role to help position our client for research in the marketplace and across many key audiences. This strategic position is responsible for managing the program’s content creation and storytelling, mainly across the website and Twitter but also through events activation and online/offline research communities. If you want to create content for researchers and industry thought leaders, then this may be the job for you – capturing/writing content, managing our Twitter handle, and connecting with our online community.
Job responsibilities include:
• Develop the marketing strategy for research in partnership with the Research VP and in close collaboration with other lines of business supporting research and higher education efforts.
• Develop a content strategy and the content for our website, blog and Twitter. This includes following through on current case studies, identifying new relevant stories/content, and planning the content calendar.
• Research, write and promote valuable and engaging content that resonates with a Research audience on the blog, and migrate from a shared blog with the Industry Solutions Group to a standalone research blog.
• Manage the research Twitter channel, including developing original and curated content, posting, moderation, replying, and amplifying. Future responsibilities may also include monitoring/contributing to select online research communities.
• Serve as a “brand journalist,” including following up on current leads/stories, identifying new stories, interviewing researchers, capturing stories, writing content, and developing video storylines and storyboards. Research content will be published in both written and video formats, in collaboration with video professionals.
• Finalize all content for amplification and publication on the website, blog and Twitter.
• Work closely with internal and external partners to syndicate and share content for better reach and engagement.
• Develop content for customer-facing and internal presentations, data sheets, and other collateral, ensuring brand and messaging consistency across media and channels.
• Collaborate with PR to develop talking points for use by the Research VP and other executives.
• Manage marketing and communications relationships with internal departments, especially those that overlap into the research world. Develop and grow external partnerships that support marketing, communications and PR efforts.
• Collaborate with colleagues on the startups team where needed and appropriate to leverage synergies.
• Project manage all marketing and communications projects and deliverables, including tracking all relevant content, engagements, partnerships, etc.
• Provide reports to executive management on a regular basis.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have at least 5 years of experience working in a marketing or communications role targeting a Research audience, with an understanding of how, where and why this audience engages.
• Be a disciplined content creator with a passion for writing, interacting with social communities, and producing content that brings stories to life. The ideal candidate will enjoy putting on a “journalist hat.”
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a good grasp of American English grammar and how to use words and visuals to maximize value and impact.
• Have experience developing content strategy for digital media, e.g., blogs and websites.
• Have experience in content creation, community management, project management, and partner relationships.
• Have a demonstrable, good understanding of cloud technology and cloud Infrastructure.
• Be a self-starter who is able to work independently in a remote environment while collaborating across different teams and time zones.
• Be able to think quickly, solve problems, adapt quickly to change and challenges, and maintain a positive and collaborative approach throughout.