- San Diego, CA
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Heather Farrin
Experience design writers are responsible for creating easy-to-understand, emotionally engaging content that inspires customer confidence and results in a delightful product experience. They work closely with design and research to study the behaviors, emotions, and goals of customers, generate insights, and then iterate on content and the overall design.
The ability to work with cross-functional team members, including interaction designers, visual designers, user researchers, tax professionals, and engineers is a must. The experience design writer understands the design principles and how content fits into the customer experience, while working with the team to solicit feedback that will improve content quality
- Command of content design fundamentals (for example: principles of grammar and professional writing) and writing and editing basics. Follows guidelines for style, voice and tone, branding, and form factors.
- Executes project-based content deliverables (for example: user interface text, help topics, general messaging, tooltips, and customer emails) using industry-standard authoring tools.
- Ability to work closely with tax professionals to turn jargon into conversational language without compromising tax accuracy, and independently research tax topics to establish clarity and accuracy.
- Demonstrates strong verbal communication skills and the ability to work with multiple teams simultaneously, including the ability to communicate the importance of the content designer’s role to people who might not be familiar with it.
- Reviews own work for accuracy, adherence to style guide, and voice and tone. Owns the outcome by following content through the entire process to ensure it is implemented as designed.
- Aware of customer feedback, needs, and personas (for example: feedback and insights from research, call drivers, and data analytics) and uses that information to improve the quality of content to better meet customers’ needs.
- Effectively contributes points of view and the rationale behind content design decisions
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, this client has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune's "100 Best Companies To Work For" and Fortune World's "Most Admired Software Companies" lists. Immerse yourself in our client's award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
They are expanding their social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, their entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market. The breadth and depth of customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality.
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.