We are a small close-knit team with a wide remit full of interesting projects. As a User Experience Research Assistant your primary objective will be evaluative research.
Possible research activities include running research studies including:
▪ Usability studies (task-based methods, etc.)
▪ User interviews
▪ Competitive Analysis
▪ Participatory design activities
* Create research study plans / scripts in collaboration with other researchers, designers, product managers, and engineers.
* Work with recruiters to recruit the right research participants and to schedule study sessions. If needed, set up the usability lab, equipment for remote studies, and product prototypes.
* Moderate research study with users, take notes, videos as appropriate.
* Perform analysis appropriate for that study (e.g., thematic coding).
* Present research findings to diverse audiences through written reports (slide deck) and oral presentations
* Solid understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different qualitative evaluative research methods like user interviews, usability lab studies, cognitive walkthroughs, participatory design activities, card sorting and others.
* Excellent observation skills
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Detailed oriented and ability to work with minimal supervision on a variety of tasks
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of:
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.