AQUENT is searching for a UX Design Lead to join an ambitious, collaborative, and fun-loving group of executives, designers, developers, product managers, marketers, researchers, and analysts who obsess over creating seamless and delightful experiences. This is a 6 month contract opportunity with the potential to extend and/or convert. Onsite in Tyson’s Corner. 40 hours/week. Hourly pay + benefits (medical, dental, vision + 401K).
What we’re looking for:
We’re seeking an established and dynamic Experience Design leader focused on strategic product vision, design talent growth, and coordinating teams to execute for impact at scale across our client's program. You will work in close partnership with executives in Design, Product, Tech, Marketing, Operations, and Analytics to achieve high-value results that position design effectively to pursue and deliver innovative, experience-led product strategies. As the leader of this team, you will inspire and empower a high-performing and innovative group of design strategists, content writers, researchers, UX/UI designers, and front-end developers in defining and delivering game-changing, end-to-end product experiences that simplify the complex across platforms, channels, and devices.
This job’s right for you if you if you’re pretty darn good at — and passionate about — these things:
- You’re an experienced design leader and a go-to connector, collaborator, and partner. You will be the go-to partner in Design for Product, Tech, Marketing, Operations, and Analytics leaders and teams for the Set for Success program.
- You’ll drive and participate in forming and reforming strategy, product vision, and execution plans.
- You can effectively bring your partners to one table to foster the growth and impact of our products, and negotiate the best outcomes for our customers and business.
What you’ll bring:
- A track record of partnership building and leadership of design teams that span research, strategy, and execution
- A comprehensive portfolio with examples that showcase your storytelling capabilities, demonstrate design leadership and strategic vision, and show how you have influenced partners and teams to arrive at compelling product solutions
- A deep understanding of human-centered design, UX practices, and building high-performing teams that balance design skillsets
- A critical eye for exceptional design quality, and effective practices in delivering design critique and growth feedback to your team
- Proficiency with current design tools (Sketch, Invision, Figma, Adobe CC, etc.) and presentation formats (Google Slides, Keynote, PPT, Prezi, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 10 years experience in a role leading Customer Experience, Product Design, or related customer experience teams
- At least 6 years of experience managing a cross-functional team of design strategists, content strategists, researchers, UX/UI designers, and front-end developers
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelors or advanced Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Design, Behavioral Science, or related field
- 12+ years experience in a role leading Customer Experience, Product Design, or related customer experience teams
- 8+ years of experience managing a cross-functional team of design strategists, content strategists, researchers, UX/UI designers, and front-end developers