Our global banking and financial client seeks a seasoned Experience Professional to support qualitative research initiatives across an enterprise technology group. The opportunity is long-term with potential temp to convert to permanent and sits on-site in Westerville, Ohio (greater Columbus area).
About the Team:
Team of researchers and designers come from diverse backgrounds, working collaboratively on high-visibility projects that support a number of verticals within the organization.
About the Role:
This role will support the direction, vision, and methodology for our growing team. You will need a hands-on approach, and the ability to help develop strategies for implementation.
You will advocate for the user in all you do; applying a deep and insightful approach to user understanding. You are creative in your thinking and application of design methodologies, recruitment strategies and tool development. You enjoy working in a fast paced environment, being proactive and getting face time with our customers.
- 3-5+ years of experience in user experience research & design (qualitative & quantitative research) OR Related Masters Degree + 1 year of experience
- Experience in a variety of industries and platforms; digital, mobile and product design for example
- Ability to synthesize complex, interdependent, and sometimes competing needs
- Effective communication of research results and recommendations across roles & levels, internal and external to the team
- Awareness and practical understanding of traditional and new research methodologies and recruitment strategies
- Understanding of current technologies and their application and relevance to digital experience design
- Proven understanding of design principles, design planning and the role of insights and research in informing and leading strategy
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A focus on timely, relevant, visual and engaging outputs
- Experience with multiple user research methodologies such as Usability Testing, Contextual inquiries, Group Sessions, Participatory Design
- Undergraduate degree in Human Computer Interaction (HCI) or related field is preferred, Masters an advantage
Must be able to legally work in the US without sponsorship now or in the future.