Sr. UX Designer- Retail, Ecommerce
This is an onsite temp to perm position based onsite in SF, 40 hours/week with a Global retail client. This is the opportunity to get in with a great team and be the Sr. UX Designer and help build out the Credit Card, payment portal for ecommerce site. This person should be excited about credit/banking/branding & partnership between legal, regulation issues etc. This role will be focused on true UX, Strategy, Wireframing, Strategy, Prototype, Journey Mapping, Story, Usability
We are looking for a passionate, team-oriented Senior UX Designer to join its Customer Experience organization to play a key
role in shaping the credit card payment portal user experience design for com. The Senior UX Designer plays
a key role in realizing Macy’s strategic vision through the design of engaging user experiences. Candidates should have a
minimum of 5 years of experience designing across digital channels. Strong candidates will have a proven track record of
delivering elegant, world-class designs in a fast paced collaborative team environment, solving business goals and user needs,
working and influencing in a cross-functional context, and using research and data to inform the design of user experiences. In
addition to being an individual contributor, the Senior UX Designer will mentor UX Designers and Associate UX Designers, and
guide their efforts to align with client strategic vision. The candidate is responsible to perform other duties as assigned.
This position reports to the Director of User Experience Design.
• Designs domain experience that meets business goals and user needs (e.g. KPI’s and user success
• Effectively collaborates with managers, product managers, engineers, and researchers to define,
conceptualize, and design user-facing products.
• Partners with the UX leadership team to define the domain experience and to ensure deliverables are
consistent with the user experience design vision.
• Designs across web, mobile apps, and in-store environments, ensuring a consistent user experience
across different platforms.
• Works through domain design problems from beginning to end: conceptualizes new products and features,
designs storyboards, workflows, interactions, wireframes, high fidelity mockups, and design standards
based on business goals and user research.
• Work closely with the domain UX Manager and UX Lead to ensure deliverables are consistent with the
overall design system.
• Mentors domain team user experience designers.
• Experience: Minimum 5 years UX/UI design experience across consumer mobile applications, websites, or
• Education: BA/BS in Design Required, preferably in UX related fields of HCI, Industrial Design, Product
Design, Architecture or Graphic Design.
• Strong analytical, strategic, and conceptual UX design skills.
• Highly knowledgeable of designing for mobile apps and responsive web experiences; well versed in user
interface design processes and methodology, including user-centered design.
• Capable of designing user experiences that support business goals and user needs.
• Strong ability to design high-fidelity mockups and prototypes, and iterate on user interface design and
interaction flow of applications and experiences based on user feedback.
• Ability to leverage metrics, optimization, and qualitative and quantitative research to inform and validate
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to influence and cultivate strong relationships with
key business stakeholders in the organization.
• Solid negotiation skills across a variety of audiences; can successfully advocate solutions among peers and
to executive leadership.
• Solid time management and prioritization skills; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, at
various stages of their development.
• Must have a strong user experience design portfolio that clearly demonstrates consumer oriented user
experience design solutions for complex problems.
- Experience designing complex user interfaces and examples of this type of work within portfolio
- Visual design skills represented in portfolio
- Deep understanding of responsive design
- Familiar conducting some level of user research/validation on design
- Clear communicators and proficient working with remote partners (Product Managers, Engineers, QA, etc.)
- Comfortable with agile methodology
- Needs to reside and be able to work at the San Francisco office
- Proficiency in using Sketch and InVision
- Interest in converting into a full time employee
• Experience: Minimum 5 years UX/UI design experience across consumer mobile applications, websites, or retail stores.
• Education: BA/BS in Design Required, preferably in UX related fields of HCI, Industrial Design, Product Design,
Architecture or Graphic Design. Masters degree preferred.
• Communication Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to read, write and interpret business and
technical documents. Create and present documentation, findings and points of view material.
• Mathematical Skills: Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and analytical skills
• Reasoning Ability: Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision. Consistently demonstrates regular,
dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Physical Demands: This position involves regular ambulating, sitting, hearing, and talking. May occasionally involve
stooping, kneeling, or crouching. May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
Involves use of hands and fingers for typing on keyboard and using a mouse. May be a need to move or lift items under
• Other skills: Strong design and collaboration skills.
• Decision Making: Design contributor, tireless advocate of the customer, influence on project implementation.
• Supervisory Responsibility: None
• Work Hours: Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.